Just Jane News

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 4 months

Ohh my goodness, the extra expense to go airworthy paperwork etc..
"The costs accrued with complying with the A8-23 requiriements and appointing an A8-25 company are in excess of £5,000.00."
after all the fund raising for the Vulcan has finished(only seeking ground costs funding) I am glad there is this worthwhile project to support...

Member for

17 years 5 months

My manuals cost about that a year.

Member for

15 years 6 months

The cost of the company set up is insignificant compared to what is to come very shortly. It's on there as people like to know how much individual parts are costing both for transparency and out of interest. I wish that was seen as one of the major expenses for us, it would make the whole project very palatable!

Member for

20 years 7 months

I wish them luck but have mixed feelings about this .Maybe some impetus can be made when the BBMF Lanc is grounded for maintenance soon.

Member for

18 years 4 months

I consider it is now the nations premier restoration and should be supported widely.

Member for

9 years 2 months

A question for nx611 1945 if he/she doesn't mind answering.

When Just Jane takes to the sky will she offer flights to paying customers and also are you able to say what price bracket they are likely to fall in (I realise it is unlikely you could answer this question!).

In addition how will you operate her from East Kirkby. Will you have to reinstate the old strip.

Thanks in advance.

Member for

8 years 7 months

Wings43
I dare say that the runway will have to be extended to let her take off!

Member for

15 years 6 months

There are no discussions with the CAA about offering flights at the moment. They are just about getting used to the idea of us flying her at all so we're all taking one step at a time! The good thing is the CAA have been completely behind us and fully supportive. There is the ability to lay a 6500 feet grass strip along the line of the original main runway at EK.

Profile picture for user Zac Yates

Member for

15 years 9 months

Fantastic news. I often wonder about what's going on behind the scenes to support this project so I'm very pleased to read all this.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I consider it is now the nations premier restoration and should be supported widely.

As an American I suppose I am not in a position to say what should or should not be the premier restoration of a nation not my own. None the less, I agree whole heartedly! Such an iconic airplane deserves to have more than two flying examples extent. I for one am very excited at the prospect of JJ taking to the air again. Onward and upward!

Member for

19 years 7 months

It costs money but the result will be superb - good luck.

Member for

9 years 2 months

Are those images of NX611. Wasn't sure if it was PA474 when she was at Coventry for a second. If so, what a transformation.

Member for

15 years 6 months

PA474 at Coventry. Work will start on NX611 on the 3rd November 2016

Member for

9 years 2 months

All the best with it.

In a previous post you mentioned the potential for a grass strip at the museum. Would this restrict or benefit operations of a Lancaster?

Member for

24 years 2 months

re:

Are those images of NX611. Wasn't sure if it was PA474 when she was at Coventry for a second. If so, what a transformation.

It clearly states that the pictures are PA474

Member for

9 years 2 months

Yes sadsack - I didn't see that as my phone had done something funny with the formatting of the page. But yes, on my tablet it appears. But thanks for pointing out that 'it clearly states'. What is wrong with politely asking? What is wrong with somebody not noticing something?

Blimey.

Anyway NX611-1945, I appreciate your polite reply!

Member for

15 years 6 months

Wings43 thanks, the grass strip would only be a limitation if it go very wet/soft. Luckily the ground at EK is sandy and drains very well. Having said that you never know what the weather will do!

Member for

9 years 2 months

I'd be interested to know how much difference there is for pilots operating a lanc from grass. I can't remember PA474 operating from grass for a long time (possibly very wrong on that though!). I've seen images of FM213 however operating on grass strips. If will make for a fascinating sight!

Member for

9 years 2 months

Sorry! Another question!

Did you ever source a mid upper turret and will it be fitted? Indeed, does it need to be fitted to satisfy the CAA?