Harvard KF183

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 4 months

Maple,
I agree. The aircraft was gifted to them by the MoD (at the same time that the board were making £10m per head profits out of share options) and now they've doubtless extracted the market value for it...

Member for

19 years 1 month

Well hopefully 183 has gone to a good home,she was always my favourite a/c at Boscombe.
Best way to view the Fovant Chalk Badges by far (although I knew them well as a glider pilot : )).
I only managed 1 trip in 183 - nice memory : )

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv316/volvosmoker/IMGP2037_zpsilmhov5z.jpg

Member for

19 years 2 months

I first flew in 183 in the late 1980s with Gp Capt K Mills....memoriex

Member for

20 years

Got checked out in July `71 in `375 by Bill Gevaux and `Swash` Wackett.Next trip with Rob Addie photo chase on a Herc...

Member for

4 years 1 month

cool article! i will be sure to share this with the residents of Treasure at Tampines and JadeScape

Member for

4 years 5 months

That’s an interesting article in a number of ways. I was at the range head that day and have a different understanding of what the trial drop was meant to be and how the plan changed twice whilst the aircraft were airborne. I still say it’s the loudest bang I’ve heard that didn’t involve smoke or flames. However, the oddest memory of the event was the comment from one of the observing army officers who had been watching the first load out (the Harvard hit the second) so intently that he hadn’t seen the incident. I was stood, open mouthed, pointing to the Harvard (gibbering idiot mode) when I heard “Oh one of the parachutes has burst” my reply was “The ffff............ing HHHarvard ffffflew through it.”

If anyone is interested the load survived the drop as only one out of three parachutes was destroyed.

I learnt a lot about trials (we all did) that day and remain thankful I was only an observer and not the Trials Officer.

Member for

20 years 6 months

^^^^^ WOW , Lovely to hear about the incident from another point of view.