T6 flight Florida!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Warbirds Adventures Inc. in Florida anybody been?
We are due to go to Florida on our Hols and I am considering purchasing a Half hr flight in a T6 Texan/Harvard.
So are there any users who have been up and can say what they thought of it? was it worth it or a waste of money!
Look forward to all replys;-)

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: T6 flight Florida!

I have flown in G-TSIX in the U.K for about an hour. Cannot really say whether it would be good for you or a waste of money!!
It very much depends on whether you enjoy it or not - certainly
it's the closest you can come to flying in a fighter at an affordable price ! Anyway judging by the weather in the U.K most of the year surely it would be worth it just to experience the
Florida climate !

Member for

24 years 2 months

Go For IT! Back in '94 I flew Crazy Horse for a couple hours...then in '95 I got a couple hours in an SNJ. The SNJ has a very similar feel to a Mustang...especially the cockpit layout and control feel. Although it is a bit more squirrely on landing rollout...the Mustang tracks pretty straight (unless you have xwind) but the -6 can require a bit more dancing on the pedals. As a student cessna driver that used to think the T-6 was a rather boring airplane to watch I now have a whole new respect for the machine. It is a blast to fly and the guys in FLA will give you a ride you won't soon forget. AND...they are located right next to Stallion 51 and Tom Rielly's place at Kissimmee. Have fun!!

Jim

Member for

24 years 2 months

I agree, it is a fantastic experience and great value for money. When I flew with them last year I was lucky enough to go up as part of a two-ship and got some great air-to-air shots (if I knew how to attach one to this message I would!) I promise you will not be disappointed.