Raydon 1st Sept

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Ah....... time once again to enjoy that wonderful "garden party with added aeroplanes" at Raydon.
The website has not been updated lately and I shall be going anyway as we are only 10 miles down the road however,
any of you Gods of information out there who are privy to that invisible grapevine that none of us mere mortals seem to know how to get access to, know what is due to fly ?
Fingers crossed for fine weather.
regards, Phil.A.

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: Raydon 1st Sept

VulcanXM607 posted this on the 'airshows' message board:

According to Aircraft Illustrated:

BBMF (Lanc, Spit, Hurricane)
Hawk
Tucano
Sea King (RAF)
B17
Blenheim (ARC)
P51 Mustang X2
P47 Thunderbolt (TFC)
Hurricane (TFC)
Avenger (Tony Haig-Thomas)
Grumman F3F
Spitfire T9 (Carolyn Grace)
Jungmann (Anna Walker)
Utterly Butterly Barnstormers
Goldair Pitts Special (Will Curtis)
Su26 (Paul Bonhomme)

+ 150 classic cars.

I also checked 'Aircraft Illustrated' and that is indeed what they said. Looking forward to it!

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: Raydon 1st Sept

Many thanks for that information, my brother has heard tell of a Harrier GR7 due as well.
Hope we don't get any more overnight rain on the grass strip as I seem to remember that for the first show it turned the car park into a quagmire and caused a few "moments" when some of the larger aircraft found it a bit difficult to come to a halt.
I think it was the OFMC Corsair that appeared to perform an intentional ground loop at about 15mph followed by a big handfull of throttle whilst rolling backwards in order to stop in time !
Local weather at 1715hrs Friday is sunny with good visibilty, well broken cloud but some localised heavy showers, 23c and a very light northerly, of course it could all be different tomorrow but fingers crossed.
See you there folks.
Phil.A.