Skegness Aerodrome.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

4 years 2 months

More mid 80s pics.....

Member for

18 years 1 month

Halcyondays: I don't see any pictures. This new thread format is not easy to manage.

Laurence

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hello Halcyondays,

Wow, the old thread has bounced back once more :)

Very many thanks for adding your photo.  

Only one photo seems to have uploaded, so really looking forward to seeing further :)

Thank you,

Clive.

Member for

4 years 2 months

I will try again.......1

Member for

4 years 2 months

....and again!!!

Member for

4 years 2 months

Pawnee

Member for

4 years 2 months

Got it now!!!! YN

Member for

4 years 2 months

Lima Hotel

Member for

4 years 2 months

The twins

Member for

4 years 2 months

PK

Member for

4 years 2 months

Another 172 based at Ingoldmells but I can't remember the owners name....ex.RAF I think....it was a horror to move!!!

Member for

4 years 2 months

Ross Jones outside Control. Along with DC I remember Bill Wells and Tony Harrison were the main Auster wrangled...

Member for

4 years 2 months

Echo India....my favourite in the fleet.....usually only needed 1 swing on the prop!!!

Member for

4 years 2 months

DC posing during a refuel....

Member for

4 years 2 months

DC2....not to be confused.with a DC3.

Member for

18 years 1 month

That's better! Many thanks. I was often in Peterborough around that time, so not far away.

Laurence

Member for

24 years 3 months

Brilliant :)  Thank you for persevering with getting the photos uploaded.  They include some of the aircraft that I mentioned in my opening post of this thread, now amazingly, over 16 years ago :)

They show the aerodrome just as I remember it in the days when I was an occasional, earth bound, visitor and when I first took a flight in a pleasure flight Auster.  My mum and my brother took a flight first as I was "chicken" but once I had a flight I became hooked for a number of years, purely as passenger, I add.  

I think on my first flight we arranged a variation of the usual coastal run so that we could overfly my grandparent's and aunt's houses at Mumby and Anderby rather than a run purely along the coast.

G-BCPK was once a concours prize winner but by the time I was more regularly visiting it was sadly looking rather tired and then had some time prop-less in the hangar........

Another resident that came to mind today which was operated rather than owned? was GA-7 G-BOXR...I think?

I still really think that a book on Skegness needs collating and writing..... :)

Very many thanks for the photos,

Clive. :)

Member for

4 years 2 months

I remember there being a twin at the airfield thay was mainly used for night  flying and instrument work. I also clearly remember there being a private Tiger Moth and Piper Cub in the hangar owned by a local farmer from Freiston way...Andy. Had a trip in the cub :) but not the moth :(

Member for

3 years 9 months

Just came across this, many memories came back, also worked there in the 80’s went from cleaning and refuelling to pleasure flying the Austers which was great. I used to love flying G-AJEI best of the Austers IMHO, would love to be able to buy her.

I recon Halcyondays was there I was as all the photos I can place, Ross in front of the Control.

Wonder what happened to everyone. Dave C, Dave S, Ross, Steve, JJ

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hello Nickxb787,

Very pleased to read that the thread has brought back many memories for you.   :)  

It really is amazing how it has regularly bounced back over the years, after being found on a search.

Thank you for posting on. 

Clive :)