Peter-'Just Jane' video

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

NX611

Oh the temptation to lift her off must have been immense. After watching the video, my dad seems to think that she will never fly due to freds comments..

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: NX611

I think your dad may be right Peter-and to be honest, I think it's a valid opinion, because although Fred was talking about the consequences of the aircraft being lost in an accident, even once '611 was regularly airworthy, she'd very most likely not be able to operate out of East Kirkby, meaning the museum there as it is established would lose by far it's biggest attraction.

All the while we've got one flying Lancaster in the UK, I think '611 is safe, sound and a damn good attraction where and as she is, happily trundling about and revving her engines for the punters!

Should, heaven forbid, anything ever happen to PA474, then maybe they should look at the situation again...

Mike

Member for

24 years 3 months

The Video

Guys,

What's the best way to get the Video's in Canada. I found the website
for Primetime Video. I have never ordered VHS from the UK. Are these the latest videos?

Two Farmers and a Lancaster
Operation Lancaster PartII

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: The Video

Hi BC.
Yes they are the second and third in the series. You can order from PT video and tell them to be sure to send a copy that is NTSC so that you can play it over here.
Peter

Member for

24 years 3 months

oops sorry bc.
no they are the first and second video. They are both really good. you then need the Just Jane recent video all in ntsc format that is.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Thanks the info Peter.

I just ordered all three..spend all my milk money in the process but once I am very interested in seeing the footage of the Lancaster with her tail off the ground!

Has everyone see the UK series "Classic Aviation" or something like that..it has been shown a few times on TVO here in Canada..it was very interesting ..I enjoyed the Taxiing Lightning and Vulcan features very much, as well as the story about the Lancaster being kept on the chicken farm! Is it available on Video or DVD in the UK?

Member for

24 years 3 months

The second video (Operation Lancaster) does repeat a few bits of the first one (Two Farmers), but it's not too bad, and that and the third one are definitely the best-massive entertainment for the Lancaster fan.

Also MUST haves for the Lanc fan, are the two other videos from Primetime-'Battle Of Britain Memorial Flight' and 'Classic Aicraft Of The BBMF'.

Best Lanc video of all, in my humble opinion anyway, is that from the 'Pilot's Eye' series, great stuff!

Mike

Member for

24 years 3 months

Andy.
Where in Canada are you ??

Member for

24 years 3 months

I live in the Ottawa area..

and I am regular visitor to the local museum..and on a side note, I noticed that all the outdoor residents have moved to a new location further away from the main buildings..I was wondering why they were replacing tires on the aircraft last year..would have been interesting to see the planes being relocated.

Looks like the new building might start soon this spring.

I did take some great winter pictures of the aircraft..I will post a few later in the week on the forum..

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hello Andy.
I look forward to seeing those pics.
It is a damn shame about the Beaufighter quietly rotting away there.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Rockliffe's Beau

> It is a damn shame about the Beaufighter quietly rotting
>away there.

Amen to that, Peter, although I'm hopeful that something will happen with her eventually. I'd heard that they'd been tentatively gathering estimates for a restoration a couple of years ago, but I don't know what the outcome was, or whether they've shelved the idea until after the new hangar goes up.