digs /excavations

Read the forum code of contact

are there any active groups still digging in Kent or have all the known crash sites been excavated ?

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: digs /excavations

Simon,

I was interested in your question, as my fathers Hurricane was found near Plaxtol Kent, and I have just been going through all his letters/documents and details of being shot down, that the Malling Aircraft Archaeologists asked for. A remarkable
story of how they eventually found where dad was living across
on the southern side of the world.
Last night I put together a lot of his writing. Gawd...we sure as hell owe those BofB men .. the few ...a lot. Special men indeed.
I think that I may write an article on "A daughter remembers her dad..."
I miss him. Never did get to fly with him. However he died with the letter I had written to him, giving the details of my first solo, in his shirt pocket. At least he lived long enough to see me realize my dream ... and enjoyed my stories and the fun I was having.
He still flies with me and got me out of doo doo a few times. I maintain that old fighter pilots and instructors never die...they are always guiding their friends and family who fly.

Take care....penny...

RE: digs /excavations

Hi Simon,

These people should be able to help as they are actively involved in a wide range of aviation archaeology projects and have particular interest in Kent and Sussex

Phil B

Robertsbridge Aviation Society
53 Wannock Avenue
Willingdon
Eastbourne
East Sussex BN20 9RH
England
+44 (0) 1323-483584