Polikarpov I-15 Identity

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

I know this has been asked before, but just in case someone knows, is there a known identity for this aeroplane?

If it's flying at a display in the UK then surely it MUST at least have a civil registration from somewhere, otherwise it would never have been allowed to fly.

Or did the CAA miss this one 'cos it sneaked it at the eleventh hour?

Willow

Original post

Member for

20 years 2 months

Glad you asked this Willow, as I was thinking exactly the same! I don't think it has been asked and we'll probably have to read about the identity in a reliable magazine like Aeroplane Monthly. It probably has got an 'RA*****' registration inside the cockpit and perhaps there is someone on this Forum that managed to get a peek inside and can tell us?

Member for

20 years 1 month

Albert, it's a bit infra dig to poke an obliquely snide comment on the magazine and publisher that provide us with this wonderful web site, don't you think?

Member for

20 years 2 months

Albert, it's a bit infra dig to poke an obliquely snide comment on the magazine and publisher that provide us with this wonderful web site, don't you think?

Sorry, don't understand? I was just quoting a reliable source that I read every month. Why, is there another one?

Sorry, don't understand?

we'll probably have to read about the identity in a reliable magazine like Aeroplane Monthly.

This forum is provided by Key Publishing Ltd. They publish many great mags like Airforces monthly, Air International, etc etc One mag they don't publish however is Aeroplane Monthly...

Member for

20 years 6 months

Albert was failing to use the [IRONY] [/IRONY] tags...

Something to do with a certain host organisation and a certain rivalry...

Member for

20 years 1 month

Member for

24 years 3 months

JDK,

thanks for the link. Very interesting. Particularly interested in the FLARF- registration series. New one on me!!

To sum up......

Polikarpov I-15bis
C/n 4439
Civil registration FLARF-02089
Restored 2002

Many thanks

Willow

Member for

20 years 2 months

This forum is provided by Key Publishing Ltd. They publish many great mags like Airforces monthly, Air International, etc etc One mag they don't publish however is Aeroplane Monthly...

Ah, thanks for that gem of information Garry, I didn't know that! :rolleyes:
I always thought 'Key Publishing' produced magazines for prisoners!! ;)

Member for

20 years 3 months

Or did the CAA miss this one 'cos it sneaked it at the eleventh hour?

The CAA dont miss a thing....even at the last minute. They read this website :eek:

I know the reg, but I'm not back home until Tuesday next week for those anoraks who'd like it..