Robbo, Snapper et al.....

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 6 months

Hi all
Well this probably should be on the general discussion forum but as we all know each other I’ll post it here.
Steve Patterson and his wife Allison left for home this morning after a week in the UK.
He will no doubt be posting when he’s back home and sorted but he’s asked me to pass on his thanks for all the forum-ites he met last weekend who made him very welcome and happy.
To name a few Kev, Robbo, Andrew O, Snapper, Mike J and Janie, MOTF and Damien B. (There were many more).
Steve was sorry that we couldn’t make the Sunday morning at the Red Lion but our schedule started to unravel on Friday (this had something to do with pubs) and never really came back together.
He sulked a bit on Sunday ‘cause he was cold and on the ground but says he’ll be back again soon. (Pints of Guinness seemed to cheer him though.)
For the last couple of days we’ve been looking at the medieval World. Allison is quite an expert on it.
My wife says Patty and I are the only two people alive who can talk about aeroplanes while looking around Salisbury Cathedral—I suspect there are others here!!
Those of you he didn’t get to see this week I think he’ll be writing to you.

As far as I’m concerned the people on this forum made the weekend particularly special for me and air shows will never be the same again.
Thanks from me, my wife Vanessa and the Pattersons.
All the best
Andy
PS Please don’t moan about Legends—superb value for money.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Original post

Member for

20 years 4 months

Hi all

For the last couple of days we’ve been looking at the medieval World. Allison is quite an expert on it.
My wife says Patty and I are the only two people alive who can talk about aeroplanes while looking around Salisbury Cathedral—I suspect there are others here!!
Those of you he didn’t get to see this week I think he’ll be writing to you.

I was more than a tad surprused I didn't hear from him and then he ends up in Salisbury so virtually had to drive past!

Have I annoyed him?

I mean, more than usual.

Melvyn

Member for

20 years 1 month

Good to hear you all had a good time. It is a shame that the weather wasn't a little more welcoming. Still that's our blightey.

tc

Member for

24 years 3 months

And well done Andy and your good lady for supporting Steve during his visit. I know when we saw you on Friday, you had been looking after Steve and his wife well. I did not make the meet up on Saturday, as I had my dad in tow, but I hope Steve enjoyed the show.

Member for

20 years 7 months

Depends how many vote for Southern Cross on the 2005 Legends request list!

Member for

20 years 4 months

It was good to meet you as well Andy, although I wasn't able to talk to Steve as he was deeply engrossed in conversation with A N Other at the time. Hopefully there will be another opportunity.

Member for

21 years

Thanks for that Andy.

I think everyone will agree that airshows have moved on - the addition of good company and conversation has made them even better.

Excellent stuff !! :D

Member for

24 years 3 months

Thanks for the food Steve! i was starving, what with all the running around this weekend. Glad you enjoyed it. Was very interested to hear your impressions of Legends V. Oshkosh/Reno. Would make a good thread...