Yuk!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 8 months

Take a look at this "scale model" Bf109E's colour scheme

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6915159673&ssPageName=MERC_BidConfirm

It doesn't take too much to get it right....!

Original post

Member for

19 years 9 months

quite agree

that is just simply awful, one model my other half will not get through the door no matter how hard he tries! ha!ha! (don't think he will be trying that hard! :D

Member for

19 years 9 months

Anyone who buys me this for Christmas is gonna get a bunch of fives! :D

Member for

20 years 10 months

In what way is that colour scheme authentic?

Flood.™

Member for

24 years 3 months

It didn't actually generate a frenzy of bidding :o

Moggy

Member for

20 years 8 months

Not surprised....!

Member for

19 years 11 months

Yuck indeed! Artistic license - to kill! :eek:

Member for

19 years 8 months

NewRay toy 109

Hi all--

NewRay Toys in China make a whole series of these. They go for about $C5 at local Wal-Marts. There are at least two versions of the 109; that one on eBay is the better-looking of the two liveries...They also do a birdcage F4U in the approximate livery of the XF4U prototype; two Spit XIVs (one of which wears the livery of a 112 Sqn Kittyhawk!), a MiG-3, a Zero, a fairly plausible 352FG-marked P-51D, a wonky P-40 in vaguely-5AF finish, and most surprisingly a Dewoitine D520 that is the best of the lot by miles. They're all 1:48 scale or close to it.

I have to guess, re the 109s, that there's a skittishness even in China to marketing anything showing authentic Luftwaffe markings. The resulting models are, if nothing else, amusing... :cool:

S.

Member for

19 years 11 months

Its a toy, not a collectors item. yes its not marked right but what 4 year old would be bothered.