canadian lysanders

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

do any of our canadian members have wartime pictures of lysanders
at moss bank, moose jaw or assiniboia. several ex RAF lysanders were exported to canada for use by the commonwealth air training scheme.
I am presently trying to research the history of V9312 and know it served at moss bank as a target tug. it was photographed taking part in a parade in saskatoon as a back drop to the officers and dignatries taking the salute.
further pictures must have been taken.

Original post

Member for

20 years 6 months

Have a look at the Canadian National Archives website. I'll have a look for the details this PM.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Hi

four pics from my HDD...

HTH

Martin

Attachments

Member for

20 years 6 months

I am presently trying to research the history of V9312 and know it served at moss bank as a target tug. it was photographed taking part in a parade in saskatoon as a back drop to the officers and dignatries taking the salute.
further pictures must have been taken.

You are probably right. Have a look at the Canadian National Archives website. It's online, but like many archives the detail is erratic. (The text is there, the pics (mostly) aren't.) If you've got a date with your other info, then a written enq. might get a result. The database is: http://www.collectionscanada.ca/archivianet/020115_e.html

Pathe News (www.britishpathe.com) has a good selection of film. The first prototype Lysander's first flight ISN'T listed under 'Lysander' as the a/c hadn't been announced as such - so that's at: (893.23 | SPEED AND COMFORT (1:37:36:00 - 1:38:35:00) 18/10/1936 - new monoplane demonstrated at Yeovil.) but a search might net something else.

Most of the Canadian museums are very helpful (having just returned from there) so try them, starting with: www.aviation.technomuses.ca/ and contact each possible museum individually. Good luck!

PM Me if you want to discuss further.

Member for

24 years 2 months

thanks for tthe information I will give them a try