Lelystad Airshow Pics

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years

The show was closed with a stunning display. The awsome Red Bull Sea Vixen was a joy to see.

This Lelystad airshow is a new historic event which is worth a visit!

Cheers,

J.V.

Attachments

Member for

20 years 6 months

Wow,we get so used to seeing the Duxford based stuff it's lovely to see something a bit different.
Maybe i'm so used to seeing warbirds that sometimes seeing something as unusual as the Nordatlas would make a nice change.
Thanks for the write up and photos :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

Nice pics Stieglitz!

I also attended the show yesterday. It certainly was one of the best airshows in the Netherlands in recent years. Thanks for your illustrated report!

Michiel

Member for

19 years 6 months

Thanks for the photo shoot Stieglitz! I was there as well, as it is just 20 minutes from my home.
Comg from Belgium, i presume, and driving 4 hours you cannot be blamed for thinking lelystad is in the North. Its actually deadcenter middle, in the Flevo Polder.
I would also like to mention to you all the Aviodrome Museum, newly located here, that deserves more visitors. They should become the magnet that attracts more historic flying to Lelystad Airport.
www.aviodrome.nl

Member for

20 years 6 months

It is going to sound boring, but I was there too yesterday! Stieglitz; I also tried to make aome pictures; but I have given up hope to catch anything flyinh with my small camera. So I am very pleased with your pic's of the Sabre and I must confess I did not caption wat was written inside the bomb bay of the B25; now I know!!
What was the reason that the connie did not fly? In the afternoon it was towed to the end of the runway. Engine problems?

Member for

19 years 7 months

Hi Stieglitz
Did you see the Early Birds P-51 mustang while there? It is being said to be under rebuild in Lelystad (have been for some time) but not much news about it has surfaced!

T J Johansen

Member for

20 years

Hi Stieglitz
Did you see the Early Birds P-51 mustang while there? It is being said to be under rebuild in Lelystad (have been for some time) but not much news about it has surfaced!

T J Johansen

Sorry TJ. The early birds hangar was open, but you couldn't visit it. Only the Bleriot and a oldtimer car where pulled out. I didn't see anything from their P51. :o Some other visitor could have more luck maybe.

And yes Bert, after 4 hours in the car, I think Lelystad is in the north of Holland now! :diablo:

J.V.

Member for

19 years 9 months

Very nice photographs Stieglitz.

I have two questions:

1.Do you have the registration of the yellow Lelystad based Tiger Moth?
2.Is the Catalina PH-PBY in anew c/s after overhaul?

Member for

20 years

Very nice photographs Stieglitz.

I have two questions:

1.Do you have the registration of the yellow Lelystad based Tiger Moth?
2.Is the Catalina PH-PBY in anew c/s after overhaul?

1. The registration of the yellow DH82a tigermoth is N8233. It is owned by the Foundation (Stichting) Dutch Tiger Flight. It was built in 1943 (cn85696). It made its first post restoration flight in The Netherlands on may 11th 2004.

2. Yes, the coloursheme was changed. The PBY just came out of the paintshop last week.

Greets,

J.V.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Thanks for sharing Stieglitz, looks like it was better than Duxford yesterday! A nice mix of vintage aircraft.

Member for

20 years

Superb. Nice weather, nice planes, nice pics. It looks like a very good show.

Member for

21 years 1 month

Great pics - like the DC3 'fifi kate' - spent many hours painting, cleaning and working on her when she was at Lee-on-solent.

Member for

20 years

Thanks for sharing Stieglitz, looks like it was better than Duxford yesterday! A nice mix of vintage aircraft.

The people in Holland will feel patriotic to hear such a statement made by someone from the UK. ;)

But yes, it was a great show!

Thanks for the kind comments,

J.V.

Member for

20 years

I was there with Khalifa330 but we went home an hour early as the KDC-10 didn't seem to show up. Did it come during the last hour?

Member for

20 years

Now that you mention it, NO. It didn't show up. :( I thought I had missed something. So you didn't miss that jetliner because you left early sonnenflieger. But I'll forgive the organizers for this because it was a superb show after all. :)

Greets,
J.V.