Hunter G-HHAC Cambridge Departure

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 10 months

As requested.
Hawker Hunter Aviations Hunter Mk 58 G-HHAC (J-4021) will depart Cambridge on Sat between 1030 and 1200 weather permitting for a private memorial flypast, after which it will return to base at RAF Scampton.

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

Cheers Mate :D

Member for

19 years 10 months

Timing now a little more accurate - we are looking at a 1145 take off (weather permitting) for the memorial flypast and back to base at Scampton at approx 1245

Member for

20 years 1 month

Thanks for that Mike, I will try and arrange my lunch break tommorow for about 11.15 to 12.15 so I can get up there to see her go. Thanks again Mike for taking the time to post. :)

Member for

20 years 1 month

Blimey, if only the railways ran to time like you do - 11.45 on the dot!

Great to see J4021 today. Always a bit emotional to see a Hunter in the sky, more so today as thoughts immediatly turned to Mark Hanna, this being one of his old aircraft.

Member for

20 years 6 months

Was on my way down to Southend unfortunately. Mike, did J4021 head out east Suffolk way during that flight?

Member for

19 years 10 months

G-HHAC carried out the memorial flypast in memory of Mark Hannah, and returned on time to Scampton at 1225.

Regretably I never met Mark but it is obvious through the stories and respect illustrated on this forum and through contacts I have made whilst being involved with the HHA operation that he was undoubtedly an aviation icon with great ability and skill, who also had a persoanality and charisma which endeared him to all.