An Even Later Duxford Picture Thread

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 9 months

I was late getting to the show, so I might as well be late posting the pics!!

As has been stated elsewhere the weather was a bit cold and windy, but no rain thankfully. Seeing the Seahawk and the Sea Fury gives testement to the persistance and hard work by the RNHF as a month ago I don't think any of us expected to see either of the aircraft in the air this year.

Highlights for me, Seahawk-the first time I had seen it fly, Sea Fury(maybe we could have more than 1 in the air next year) F86/T33/Seahawk formation,
Spitfire tailchase and a superb P51 display.

Because I was late I missed the forum meet again(only by 2 hours!) but while wandering spotted JDK who luckily for me didn't run away when this strange man came striding up to him(might have been the hat I was wearing), anyway along with Setter they shepharded me to where the usual suspects were gathered and I spent another enjoyable afternoon with good company, I couldn't make the Pub afterwards due to family reasons but hopefully next year.

This was the second outing for my 10D, this time with a new lens, a Sigma 50-500 and a word of warning for anybody thinking about this lens for their DSLR coupled to a 10D with grip it is a bloody heavy combination and a pig to keep steady in windy conditions.

Anyway here's a few pictures.

Original post

Member for

19 years 10 months

Superb shots Niall!!

Wasn't the display by Ferocious Frankie superb - I hadn't been to a display in years, but to hear the sound of the Merlin, and the whistling gun holes was wonderful - even my girlfriend now likes the Mustang, and that's saying something!!!

Have you got any pics of the Seahawk and Fury?

Member for

20 years 7 months

Hi Niall,

Good to meet up - thanks for sharing the shots. I have a few (static) myself, but they'll have to be next week now.

Cheers!

Member for

19 years 11 months

This was the second outing for my 10D, this time with a new lens, a Sigma 50-500 and a word of warning for anybody thinking about this lens for their DSLR coupled to a 10D with grip it is a bloody heavy combination and a pig to keep steady in windy conditions.

It gets you nice and close to the action though :D Super shots, thanks for posting.

Maarvin

Member for

20 years 9 months

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Jimflint80 - the Mustang display by I think Alistair Kay was impressive, any P51 display that JDK likes must be good :D
I have some of the Seahawk and Sea Fury to post but I am just getting ready for work so it won't be until early tomorrow morning.

JDK - It was nice to finally meet you, I would have liked to have a proper chat with you but knowing your feelings on this while there are planes flying about I decided not to.

Maarvin - Yes it does get you close to the action, but my arm still ached on Wednesday so I think maybe some weight training before next season :D

Member for

20 years 9 months

As promised here are a few more....

Member for

20 years 6 months

Great photo's looks like you enjoyed yourself with your camera mate

Member for

20 years 9 months

Thanks, I certainly am enjoying using it, just wished I had made the comitment earlier in the season.