New Photo archieve - Historic photos

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years

Hi Guys and Girls

Following on from the thread on http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34641
historic photos, I have an idea that I have been sitting on for quite a while and one that I am sure that has occured to a lot of you already.

I would like to propose that we all get together and build a site to preserve all types of aviation photos - particularly historic ones - but also a growing archieve of shots posted from airshows and events as a living archieve from now on of aviation and warbirds.

I don't have many preconceptions but it would be a very solid research tool for future generations and assist in answering many questions that constantly get reasked.

I would be happy to scope up an concept/outline of what I propose including architecture, costs and funding model etc if there is sufficent interest

Thoughts ladies and gentlemen

Kindest regards
John Parker

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Gets my vote, but then I don't have too many to contribute.

Member for

20 years

Hi Skypilot

Thanks

I don't think it matters how many we each contribute - it will build with time and effort.

Regards
John P

Member for

20 years 1 month

Great idea, it gets my vote. I don't have historic photos, but I do have airshow photos I'd happily contribute.

Member for

21 years

Sounds like a good idea. I guess this Minnesota Johnson could probably supply some historical stuff :)

Dan

Member for

24 years 2 months

Turn it into a stock agency like www.alamy.com at the same time? That's pay for the forum Christmas meal.....

Member for

24 years 2 months

Good idea Snapper but how about the cash going to relevant charities such as RBL, RAFBF etc. of the "artists" choosing, for those who wish to? Obviously I appreciate that if, like yourself its your livelihood, then that has a different bearing.

How do "we" go about this then?

Member for

19 years 9 months

Great idea, await further info