CWH Lancaster .....again

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 11 months

Really don't know whether this is an example of a rumour spreading and a bit like a mole popping it's head up in different places.....

There's a quote on Hyperscale which again refers to the CWH Lancaster trip across the pond, but this time adds that it's being funded by a rich Englishman and includes the throwing of 3 Merlins into the CWH pot

Make of it what you will

Original post

Member for

19 years 11 months

Ok Now,

Lets just kill this now before it runs away again, when I talk to the Dept. Director of the CWH she told me flat out that the Lanc. wil not be going to England period.

If the rest of you would like to confirm this here is the Telp. # 1-905-679-4183 ask for Pam.

RER

Member for

24 years 2 months

Can't argue with that then, unless they're simply not allowed to say...until they are, sort of a thing.

So, were our online colleagues from the BBMF simply winding us up, then? I have to say, if they were, it wasn't very funny!

Just what IS going on with this story, anyway?

Member for

19 years 2 months

Well it would be great to see the Two Lancs flying together at the 60th anniversary of VE Day..............................................
Steve :-)
I was Viper 02. But I could not access the forum after it returned!
So I am now Ghostrider 01

Member for

24 years 2 months

it remains to be seen... who knows..... I find it hard to believe that BBMF would be telling fibs...

Member for

20 years 6 months

mmmm,someones telling porkies.

Member for

21 years

We will have to wait and see then!!!, but I have read the correspondence requesting engineering support from us if they come and we have a visit later this month from one of the pilot's so don't dismiss this trip just yet. At least they are looking into coming over and if they do it will it will be event of 2005

Member for

21 years

Fluffy, thanks for the clarification. remember to have a plate of Green Goo ready if it does happen :)

Crazeymainer, never say never!

Member for

24 years 2 months

That makes a bit more sense then, cheers Paul!

Member for

19 years 11 months

Hey Fluffy,

With all do respect when I talk to the dept. Director she said No they won't even allow the Lanc. to go to Geneseo which is 45 Minutes away. I'm not sure what these engineers are telling you but when the Dept. Director tells me No then I'm going to beleive her.

RER

Member for

19 years 9 months

good luck to them if it happens. i doubt the BBMF would tell porkies about this.

Member for

24 years 2 months

It would be a great way to cap 2005 "the year of the Lancaster"..! What with a lancaster coming down off a post and another lancaster ground running for the first time in 40 years!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Hey Fluffy,

With all do respect when I talk to the dept. Director she said No they won't even allow the Lanc. to go to Geneseo which is 45 Minutes away. I'm not sure what these engineers are telling you but when the Dept. Director tells me No then I'm going to beleive her.

RER

CM

Perhaps a case of:-

The official line is "No".

The actual line is "Maybe".

Mark

Member for

21 years

Hi Crazymainer.

You might be right but as I have already said we have been asked to give engineering support for their Lanc IF it comes over. At this moment until we are told otherwise the CWH must be considering such a trip or someone there is winding us up which I doubt as I know the people involved. Finally can I just say lets wait and see what happens.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Fluffys right lets wait and see what comes of it. It is a great idea and would really like to see it happen but first things first is the cost and engineering side of such and undertaking!