Help with Firestreak Restoration

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 2 months

Hello
I have been slowly restoring a Firestreak and have finally managed to add the elusive nose cone, which was missing.
I found the picture below on the internet and was wondering if anybody had the grey vane assembly going spare or had one that they could photograph out of the nose, so I could possibly fabricate one as it id difficult to see the shape?
Still looking for a few parts if you have anything surplus to requirements.
Many thanks.
Simon.

Original post

Member for

16 years 3 months

Hi simon. I am also restoring a firestreak to fit into my lightning cockpit and after the same part as yourself for the nose. Had one once but don't know where it went too. What parts are you after and I will have a word around for you. Is yours a drill round or was it a acquisition round

Member for

16 years 2 months

Hello
Excuse my ignorance but not sure if this is a drill round or acquisition round? I bought it on eBay back in May and it had been sitting next to somebody's Koi Karp pond for a number of years! Odd thing about it is that it is fitted with Red Top type (triangular) rear control surfaces rather than the rectangular ones. Sitting exposed to the elements has not been too kind but it is now in the dry. The steel nose cone was made as a replacement and when removed I was pleased to see that the seeker head was still present, but along with alot of corrosion . I shall get some pics up over the next few days and you will see what is needed.
Regards Simon.

Member for

13 years 1 month

Hi guys
I have a Firestreak nose identical to the photogrpah. It came my way via the family of a deceased friend around 18 months ago. Its currently sat in my garden shed overlooking my Koi pond by the way and is available to whoever wants it. Contact me via the North Coates Flying club web site contact page and I will send a photos. Binbrook 74 this sounds very much like the one you have lost as I understand it originated from Binbrook originally

Member for

16 years 1 month

We need one for sea vixen xj494 at brunty sadly it didn't have one when we obtained it and it just has the rubber cover instead of the real thing underneath. Someone has also now smashed the dome on the Martell that was previously fitted which is a shame as there can't be many replacements around

Member for

16 years 3 months

Airfield. I have sent a email via the website Thankyou. Stacey I don't suppose you have a spare noddy cap at all do you by any chance amongst your collection at brunt

Member for

16 years 1 month

No not for the firestreak, the lpg might have ?