Spotted 2019

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 6 months

RR Spit and Accompanying Harvard have been up circuiting just off ENGX and just landed, it's only took them about 3 years to put it back in the air, i'm glad there isn't a war on. Also glad I sold my shares as this must be costing them millions. :)

Member for

17 years 11 months

G CICK just overflown Witham Essex heading south towards Headcorn?

Member for

17 years 11 months

Three, yes three 2 seat spits up over kent at this moment, two out of Biggin and one from Headcorn, all on FR24 at this time

Member for

24 years 3 months

9:30am today a Yak type (later discovered to be a Nanchang CJ6) seen passing overhead Gunby, E. Lincs, routing north. and at 10:30am BBMF Dakota seen in the distance passing NW abeam, routing NE.

..and from last Tuesday...BBMF Dakota up on air test, seen from Gunby, very interesting indeed to watch and hear as it throttled back fully on both..

C.

Nice Cessna 180 N71CW just passed by, sadly couldn't hear it thanks to bloody road traffic... This one was apparently built in 1962.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Spitfire over Amersham 1 min ago, heading west. Looked like PR 11 ( though against the sun )

Member for

24 years 3 months

Just to make a change from S****ns, Dakota over Kidlington this evening, in olive drab and stripes. Low enough to have been landing... except that it was heading in the opposite direction! I wonder if it is the one TomW was painting there a few years ago?

Adrian

Member for

18 years 10 months

B52 in the circuit, 3 passes so far.

Edit:
Seven circuits & bumps.

C-5 yesterday, FY87 I think, probably common in East Anglia but the first I've seen for a while. Walking today, apart from the "boring as chips" Spitfires G-AVAV and G-BMSB plying their trade from The Bump, I saw AN-12 UR-CSI and heard Piper Clipper G-BSWF pass by while I was heading through some woods.

Lysander and Blenheim in close formation headed towards DX a hour ago

Friend saw P-51D G-SHWN heading east along the coast near Worthing at lunchtime...

Member for

14 years 7 months

Over Thame last night a formation of 4 Tiger Moths

Member for

18 years 6 months

Around 17.45hrs today high wing single-engine turbine powered monoplane over W.G.C. M, Immediate thought was Pilatus but wing shape didnt look right. Hefty fixed undercarriage as well. Ideas anyone ?
l

Member for

24 years 3 months

Around 17.45hrs today high wing single-engine turbine powered monoplane over W.G.C. M, Immediate thought was Pilatus but wing shape didnt look right. Hefty fixed undercarriage as well. Ideas anyone ?
l

I believe there was a Cessna 208 Caravan flying around Ware so it could have been the same aircraft.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Folland Gnat T1 flew nice and low on the way to Newark from North Weald this afternoon?

What a lovely sound they make.

Member for

13 years 2 months

Jet Provost Mk 3 or 4 carrying out aerobatics very close to what was RAF Cottesmore yesterday afternoon (Friday 17/05/19) around 16:15 hours, it then headed off in a north westerly direction. Any clues to it's identity please?

GYD

Member for

20 years 1 month

Three Stampes in loose V formation 4 mins ago over Chesham (Bucks ) heading East. For at least one, Headcorn is probably the destination, so at a guess, routing round the top of London then south.

It was this lot, heading back from Arbury Hall, Nuneaton. https://stampe-formation-team.co.uk/gallery.php

Member for

24 years 3 months

Ah, G-AWEF flew over us at Bledlow this evening. wonder where it's mates went?

Adrian

Member for

8 years 8 months

Spotted what looked like two Harvard in close formation over the mountsorrel/rothley area of Leicestershire today 22-5-2019 at around 14:35-14:45

Anyone shed any light on the true identities?

Member for

19 years 1 month

G-BJST Wacky Wabbit and (Silver. G-TEXN?) friend, operating from the new Rolls Royce hangar in EMA.

I've just seen the RR Spit get airborne for the second time today too.