Seen on Ebay 2019

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 1 month

Funny how you get none for years then they start turning up! 6 turned up from the same seller over the last couple of years ( I have one) then these two so thats 8. Can't be many left though.

Member for

8 years 11 months

The Hurricane canopies went for a fair price considering condition..

Member for

14 years 6 months

To be fair they were both pretty far gone from the poor photos

Member for

17 years 8 months

Big items, moving a Lanc wheel about is an appalling task, cannot imagine who would want it

Member for

17 years 6 months

I didn't think Lancaster tyres had tread on them? Shackleton tyre maybe?

Member for

12 years 5 months

Re the Hurricane canopies. They didn't sell. The seller refused to complete the sale. Presumably as he didn't get the £1500 that he wanted as per his listing.
The excuses given for failing to complete the sale were varied
Firstly that the items were sold elsewhere before the auction ended and that he didn't have time to remove the listing and then secondly that they were put up for sale by his wife without his knowledge
In relation to the first excuse. The canopies were offered for sale 'offline' AFTER the auction ended and as for the second excuse. Draw your own conclusions.
The winner of the auction has complained to ebay and I understand the sellers account is 'under review'

Member for

15 years 1 month

Thanks for the update on canopy's , he stated he wanted £1500 but didn't do a buy it now? I don't think £1500 was silly money for two, dare i say i nearly paid that for one! As for the seller with the seat armour etc, very high prices! They have been on while, enough said!

Member for

17 years 6 months

Sorry, I'm not convinced by that 'bullet hole' in it, not for a second!

Member for

16 years 11 months

There are two clear photos of Battle of Britain Stuka losses in BoB then and now. Both have the swastika part on the fin, part on the rudder.

Member for

16 years 6 months

Sorry, I'm not convinced by that 'bullet hole' in it, not for a second!

I agree, it seems that every ‘genuine’ WW2 panel that comes up for sale has the obligatory bullet hole in it.

Member for

17 years 6 months

The seller could have run a vacuum-cleaner over the stair-carpet before taking those photographs.....yuk!

Member for

5 years 9 months

There are two clear photos of Battle of Britain Stuka losses in BoB then and now. Both have the swastika part on the fin, part on the rudder.

Could it be from a Ju 88??? Just a thought...

Member for

14 years 3 months

The title states attribution to pilot Anton Ardorfer, I wonder what the attribution is? Pity it’s not mentioned or elaborated further in the description. Anyhow nice item though.

Member for

13 years 7 months

Quite a few other pimped up German bits in this sale so I'd be careful on this one. Wasn't there another JU-87 fin few months ago that 'represented' another LW pilot (also with no further provenance) alluding to come from Malta campaign if I remember correctly.