'New' British Airways Livery :)

Profile picture for user D1566

Member for

13 years 6 months

Whats not to like? https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/pictures-boac-747-retrojet-marks-british-airways-ce-455845/ [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":3851659}[/ATTACH]
Attachment Size
747.jpg 95 KB
Original post

Member for

15 years 6 months

They should never have changed it. Simple, classy and smart.
Profile picture for user Archer

Member for

15 years 11 months

Whats not to like?
They should have returned a VC10 to flight in these colours.... .... I’ll get my coat...
Profile picture for user J Boyle

Member for

14 years 11 months

I saw it in the Commercial Aviation forum. To be picky, the effect is spoiled somewhat by it being a -400 and the satellite antenna bump. ​​​​​​​I wonder if many passengers have ever heard of BOAC? Nice scheme.

Member for

9 years 10 months

I think it looks terrific - well done BA for going to the effort. As ozplane suggests, this scheme still looks totally modern and timeless. Time for the Speedbird to make a permanent return!
Profile picture for user Wyvernfan

Member for

11 years 11 months

Seconded

Member for

15 years 6 months

I'd agree with that RW. Back when I was travelling a lot to the Middle East, it was always a relief to see that tall VC10 fin with the Speedbird logo sticking up over the departure terminal at Amman airport. Pretty much guaranteed an ontime departure from a hectic trip. I've never understood why BA have downplayed the clever Speedbird logo as it has tradition and relevance to aviation.
Profile picture for user Seafuryfan

Member for

19 years 9 months

It looks fantastic. Well done BA for this wonderful bit of nostalgic magic.
Profile picture for user FLY.BUY

Member for

15 years 4 months

Are BA also thinking of doing a BEA scheme on one of their aircraft?
Profile picture for user K5054NZ

Member for

11 years 4 months

Word I've read online that there will be three retrojets, I'm unsure which types they are and what colour scheme. More than one person has suggested an Imperial Airways HP.42 scheme on an A380. I like that idea!
Profile picture for user Archer

Member for

15 years 11 months

There will be an A319 in BEA 'Red Square' livery, along with some other aircraft in previous BA liveries.
Profile picture for user FLY.BUY

Member for

15 years 4 months

Thanks for the reply

Member for

11 years 9 months

Can we have a WW2 BOAC scheme. I’ve always liked the look of the underlined registration letters.
Profile picture for user merlin70

Member for

15 years 6 months

I saw the 747 on approach to LHR near the M4 Bracknell. Looked lovely and brought back some memories.