Miles Gemini G-AKEK

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

7 years 2 months

The last information I have of Miles Gemini G-AKEK is that it was sold in Iceland in October 2003. A photo on ABPIC site shows it in 2008 as just the rear fuselage in storage at Mosfellsbaejar awaiting restoration.
How complete is this aircraft, and what is the current state regards its restoration.
Miles aircraft, and particularly the Gemini are my favourite light aircraft.

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

It went to Iceland as a project minus engines.

Member for

12 years 10 months

When last there a couple of years ago it was still a work in progress and Iunderstand it wa a Mk 4 with Gipsy Majors.
I am currently working on my Gemini ZK-AKH, (Ex G-AKHP) and we are on the final bits of finishing off Messenger ZK-AKE (EX GAKEZ)

Member for

19 years 7 months

I have just messaged my friend Sigurjon in Iceland who owns ’’KEK. He confirms it is still in the restoration queue. He told me quite a lot of work has been done (although it may not be evident) and it will fly again one day.

Member for

19 years 7 months

Stan

G-AKHP is still active in the U.K. Your Gemini is ex G-AKHW :-) You kindly showed me your project a couple of years back.

Member for

12 years 10 months

Stupid old fool !! If it wasn't for the fact that one is round and the other pointed I wouldn't know my arse from my elbow. Of course "Hotel Whisky. It's a good thing my name is Smith otherwise I could get myself into lots of trouble with a more complicated name.

Member for

7 years 2 months

I have just messaged my friend Sigurjon in Iceland who owns ’’KEK. He confirms it is still in the restoration queue. He told me quite a lot of work has been done (although it may not be evident) and it will fly again one day.

Good to here. Thanks Tim

Member for

20 years

I didn’t know Siggy had a Gemini! I will tackle him about this!