"Armed" Chipmunk?

Profile picture for user l.garey

Member for

13 years 7 months

I was just shown the photograph below. Does anyone recognise it? Could the "0104" on the rudder refer to C1/0104 which was Danish 12-125 - P-125 - SE-GRK. Is this some sort of spray rig? Or is it a joke? It looks like the UK with another Chipmunk in the background and maybe a Viking. [ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tChip 0104.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t82.0 KB ID:\t3858104","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"3858104","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]
Attachment Size
Chip 0104.jpg 82 KB
Original post

Member for

13 years 7 months

Since posting this photo I have discovered where it was published, and when: yesterday 1 April, so I suspect it's a hoax, but ,well, just maybe ...

Member for

8 years 10 months

Hi Take a look at the shadow of the aircraft, the item under the wing looks as if it protrudes out from under the wing, but the shadow doesn't show it (rookie mistake). Of course it could still be a hoax if they have just edited the shadow out! James

Member for

13 years 7 months

Hawk eyed James! It still remains to identify the Chipmunk. Is it the Danish one I mentioned above?
Joker nose art 01 04 tail number some clues there I think

Member for

1 year

Colour me suspicious! :p

Member for

13 years 7 months

Ah, not the constructor's number but the date! Neat, but when, where and why was the mischief committed? And by whom on which aircraft?
Given the picture is clearly doctored it would probably be a mug's game to speculate those as you're not seeing reality. All I could say is that given the darker bit of crayoning in on the rear fuselage, this probably started life as a sliver with yellow band training scheme aircraft.