Battle of Britain BooK?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

7 years 5 months

Have to ask this question. Does anyone know if there's going to be a new book out this year on "Battle of Britain" to mark the films 50th anniversary?

Original post

Member for

9 years 5 months

I think this was discussed earlier in the year and sadly it appears there are no new publications celebrating the anniversary.

Member for

19 years

I had been told that the late Robert Rudhall's excellent books were to be reprinted this year, but that seems to have gone quiet. An updated version with additional chapters on the disposals of Connie Edwards aircraft plus the movements of the other Buchons, CASA's, Spitfires and Hurricanes as well as the surviving fibreglass replicas and radio control models is long overdue. Also the rise in the "collectables" market could be covered as Mark 12 did in Britain at War. The development of the book and it's landscape photo album sequel is exactly what Robert would have wanted and had he lived I am sure we would be on volume 4 by now.

Member for

7 years 5 months

Thanks guys.Like most of you I'm guessing, I've long thought that if a new book didn't come out, this year of all years, then it's highly unlikely one ever will. And that seems such a wasted opportunity, with all that's emerged about the film in the intervening years, as you pointed out, Roobarb.

Member for

15 years 7 months

Given the success of the screening of "The Dambusters" movie couple of years ago it is surprising that "The Battle of Britain" could not be shown across UK mainstream cinemas.