Flying Legends participant list

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

ARCo Lysander added now and is final addition to the line up.

Member for

18 years 5 months

Lysander added to list this morning. But the invitation to keeping checking for more aircraft has gone, so that looks like its it.

Member for

20 years 1 month

cma on UKAR has kindly typed up the expected performers.

Aces High US Inc.

- Douglas C-47 Dakota (N147DC)

Aero Legends

- Douglas C-47 Dakota “Drag em Oot” (N473DC)

Aero Super Batics

- Boeing Super Stearman Model 75 “5” (G-IIYI)
- Boeing Super Stearman Model 75 “2” (N74189?)

Air Leasing Ltd

- Hispano Aviación HA-1112-M4L Buchon “Yellow 7” (G-AWHM)
- Hispano Aviación HA-1112-M4L Buchon “White 9” (G-AWHH)
- Hispano Aviación HA-1112-M4L Buchon “Red 11” (G-AWHC)
- Hispano Aviación HA-1112-M1L Buchon “White 5” (G-AWHR)
- Supermarine Spitfire IV (G-LFIX)

Aircraft Restoration Company

- Bristol Blenheim Mk.I (G-BPIV)
- Hispano Aviación HA-1112-M4L Buchon “Yellow 10” (G-AWHK)
- Supermarine Spitfire PRXI PL983 (G-PRXI)
- Supermarine Spitfire Tr.9 (G-CCCA)
- Supermarine Spitfire Tr.9 (G-CTIX)
- Westland Lysander Mk.III V9312 (G-CCOM)

Anglia Aircraft Restorations Ltd

- Hawker Sea Fury Mk.II (G-CBEL)
- North American TF-51D Mustang “Contrary Mary” (G-TFSI)
- Supermarine Spitfire FR XIV (G-SPIT)
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Vc (G-IBSY)

B-17 Preservation Ltd
- Boeing B-17G Flying Fortess “Sally B” (G-BEDF)

Classic Formation

- Beech 18 (N21FS)
- Beech 18 (N223CM)
- Beech 18 (N184KP)
- Douglas DC-3 “Swissair” (N431HM)

Comanche Fighters LLC

- Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Vc (G-LFVC)

Comanche Warbirds Ltd

- Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I (G-CGUK)

Fighter Aviation Engineering LTD

- Republic P-47D Thunderbolt "Nellie" (G-THUN)

Historic Aircraft Collection Ltd.

- Supermarine Spitfire Vb BM597 (G-MKVB)
- De Havilland DH-9 E-8894 (G-CDLI)

Historic Flight Foundation

- Douglas DC-3 Dakota “Pan Am” (N877MG)

Imperial War Museums

- Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Ia (G-CFGJ)

Norwegian Spitfire Foundation

- Hawker Sea Fury T.20 WG655 (G-INVN)
- North American P-51D Mustang “The Shark” (G-SHWN)

Plane Sailing Air Displays Limited | Catalina Aircraft Limited

- Consolidated PBY Catalina (G-PBYA)

Private

- Piper Aircraft Corporation L-4 Grasshopper (G-BECN)
- Piper Aircraft Corporation L-4 Grasshopper (G-BMKC)

Royal Air Force

- Red Arrows

Spitfire Ltd
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk XVI (G-OXVI)
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk XVIII (G-BUOS)

Spitfire The One Ltd
- Supermarine Spitfire MkIa (G-AIST)

The Fighter Collection

- Curtiss-Wright P-36C (G-CIXK)
- Curtiss-Wright Hawk 75 (G-CCVH)
- Curtiss-Wight P.40C (G-CIIO)
- Curtiss-Wright Warhawk P-40F (G-CGZP)
- Grumman Wildcat FM-2 (G-RUMW)
- Grumman Bearcat F8F (G-RUMM)
- Goodyear Corsair FG-1D (G-FGID)
- Supermarine Spitfire LFVb EP120 (G-LFVB)

The Old Flying Machine Company

- Supermarine Spitfire Mk IXb (G-ASJV)

So there you have it. Somewhat Deja vu, I suppose, one to watch in 'real time' rather than squint through a camera, because we have seen it all ( nearly ) before.

BUT... it shows what a incredible warbird scene we have, when you could look at that line up, and feel a bit ' ho- hum '

For those that have not been before, you will be blown away. It has been, and hopefully continues to be, the best warbird show in the world. And when 15 Spits blast across the field together, you remember why you came !

Member for

16 years 8 months

TBH that’s a poor line up for variety.

Member for

17 years 8 months

For me it's not bad at all. Variety could have been greater, but wished this was my 9th Legends.

Member for

20 years 5 months

I'm afraid I think that's a dreadful line up. No surprises from the U.S??? No Red Bulls, Nothing from the European Warbird community??? No Hurricanes, nothing from BBMF or RNHF & what about Biggin Hill? When I went on a tour in April, they said the 109E will more than likely be at Legends.

Member for

18 years 5 months

A great line up as usual, I hear something special is planned with the Buchons. For all the moaners i have heard there are other air displays where it is possible to see the hundreds which cannot possibly be crammed into Legends weekends. There is no point in duplicating items, apart from based aircraft the visitors all have to be financed. There was a time when only the CAF in Texas could stage large gatherings.

Member for

10 years 9 months

I'm afraid I think that's a dreadful line up. No surprises from the U.S??? No Red Bulls, Nothing from the European Warbird community??? No Hurricanes, nothing from BBMF or RNHF & what about Biggin Hill? When I went on a tour in April, they said the 109E will more than likely be at Legends.

How many more times does the question about the Flying Bulls come up, (That's Flying Bulls not Red Bulls by the way!) They cannot be in two places at once as they are committed to a display in Hungary. Also as far as the RNHF is concerned, it no longer exists. As far as the lack of European participants is concerned don't blame TFC or Duxford, blame the CAA. That's the organisation that used to be known as the Civil Aviation Authority but as we all know these days it now stands for Cancel All Airshows! The line up may be familiar but tell me where else you can go these days and see a line up like that and any REAL enthusiast will know that the standard of the display itself and the airmanship of the pilots involved will be second to none and will make for a fantastic days entertainment.

Member for

14 years 1 month

Lots of whistling past the graveyard here: optimism is fine but this looks like a very thin line up. Let's hope next year's gets back to more like normal.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Perhaps we have come to expect too much of Flying Legends. There is no doubt that the aircraft and flying skills are from the top drawer but the organisers have usually pulled something different out of the hat in past years. The Norseman and the Sikorski amphibian spring to mind. I also don't believe the CAA can be blamed for the line-up as there would be no show at all if they had not given their approvals. Perhaps it's the "Brexit" effect (joke).

Member for

20 years 1 month

The event should be supported and encouraged, or more precisely, the team who put it together, as we would certainly miss it if it were gone.

There most obvious absence is the participation from overseas, and it is not clear why that is the case this year. One could speculate CAA obstacles, Display Authorisation snags, Insurance.....who knows.

A safe weekend is the most important factor for the show's future prospect, and contents.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Hear hear propstrike. Safety is paramount.

I must admit to thinking it was a bit thin but then had a rethink. It was only in the last couple of years there has been a Buchon explosion on the scene - who would have thunked there would be five displaying nowadays - plus we have the new Lizzie and maybe the Shiny Spit will make an appearance albeit on static. One 'urricane and only 2 Mustangs is a bit odd.

No Fly Navy stuff (or even Army Historic Flight) is a shame, however the 'wowsers' box will probably be ticked by most with the DH9 - it will be for me.

Happy and safe weekend everyone

TT

Member for

24 years 3 months

Regards Navy stuff, the Yeovilton show is also happening this weekend so it's understandable that there's no RN participation. BBMF are also heavily committed at Yeovilton with Lanc/Spit/Hurri, although Dak and a Spit appear to be booked for Legends.

Member for

17 years 11 months

Nothing from Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar then?

Member for

15 years 8 months

If BHHH were to attend what would they bring ? if the Me109E is not ready it would be more Spitfires and there are already complaints about that.

Agreed we need a bit more variety but who actually pays to fly these Warbirds half way across Europe and find accommodation for the pilots and ground crew ?
We would soon start moaning if they all had "The Great Coca Cola Flying Legends AirShow" stickers all over them.

Duxford Flying Legends is a great event, but for the Europeans there are other Warbird shows, it might just be their choice not to come here ?

Member for

20 years 1 month

So what's changed? There was usually at least one French warbird to appear. Often several..Sea Fury, Avenger, Skyraider, Hurricane etc.

Member for

17 years 11 months

I am guessing there are enough warbirds in the UK to satisfy the compliment needed but I wonder if there maybe is a clash of airshow in Europe?

I for one do not care how many Spits, I was used to shows in the 1960s and 70s where a Spitfire was still a rarity but of course if you do not want to see them just dont bother to go to Legends, I will go to next years for sure if I am still breathing air just could not do this year.
Bravo to all concerned in putting this years show together

Member for

6 years 7 months

well lets hope they whip something good out for the 80th anniversary of battle of france/dunkirk/battle of britain...

Member for

16 years 6 months

Well if you like multiples of Spitfires and Buchons then you’re in for a treat, but at least it would be nice to see the Fiat and the Beaufighter wheeled outside.
I’m sure seeing the Beau on the flight line at least would cheer many a punter up !

Member for

15 years 8 months

Probably not the place to ask but what had happened to the cr42 since last year's Legends ?