Flying Legends participant list

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years

I went Saturday. At 08:30 the traffic was back to McDonalds on the A505 east (2 miles from DX). It took 2hrs 10minutes to get in from there. A friend travelled in at around 12:15 and got straight in. Traffic management in was poor in my opinion. Traffic management out was great. I was home in 12 minutes after the last of the Balbo finished. That's considerably quicker than coming home from DX at 17:30 in the week!

I went today (Sunday). It was frikking awesome. I spent more time looking through binoculars than the camera view finder though which is a much better way of enjoying it in my opinion.
My 5 y.o. daughter was enthralled by the wingwalkers.
Traffic was no problem at all
12 spitfires in formation
3 mk1 spitfires
5 buchons
DH9
super high energy displays from Sharkmouth, the Bearcat and the Fury

brilliant
It seems only a few years ago that the "enemy" was represented by a bf108 or maybe two on a good year

I also got to see a Hurricane fly :cool:

Nick Grey provided news about the Fiat who still require a prop fix but could be flying next year and a exciting prospect about the mk22 TFC had in storage

What did Nick Grey say about the Mk.22? I obviously missed that bit...

Member for

20 years

Re the Grandstands, other online accounts indicate that tinfact they are far from satisfactory, being very packed, and with a shallow angle of tiers, negating the benefit - once tried , never repeated, say most.

Member for

20 years 3 months

I went on Saturday and enjoyed the display.
Highlights for me included:
The pair of joker aircraft between the Balbo passes. The Bearcat was joined by the Hawker ISS Fury for a high energy aerial ballet.
The Lysander/Blenheim/MK1 Spitfire Flypast. This would have been improved with the addition of a MK1 Hurricane.
The DH9 looked amazing but didn't fly unfortunately.
Even the slightly overcast sky was a blessing....anyone who has previously been to Duxford will know the delight of staring towards the sun all day!

Also to answer a previous question regarding TFC's Spitfire 22. Nick Grey indicated that once the propeller issues had been resolved on the Fiat, the Spitfire would be worked on.

Member for

24 years 2 months

The grandstand worked for me, with marshals ensuring selfish stand-uppers sat back down. Rules are rules. It wasn’t excessively tight for the two of us, we arrived early to bag seats near the aisle, or it’s a bit inconvenient getting up every time someone wants to go to the loo.