The Silver Spitfire Live Flight Tracker

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 10 months

I thought it may be worth starting a thread that will show 'The Silver Spitfire' location 24 hours per day as she carry's on her epic journey around the world.
Who would of thought a Spitfire would ever do this and its a big hats off to all concerned, I am guessing she will need a major overhaul upon return home.
>>>The Silver Spitfire Live Flight Tracker<<
Updated 20/8/19

Original post

Member for

6 years 8 months

404 - PAGE NOT FOUND

Site not currently available ^^^^

I'm wondering if it's had a few problems? It looked like it had left Lossiemouth and then returned? Although I didn't track it at the time.

It's scheduled to be in Greenland today.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tScreenshot_37.png Views:\t0 Size:\t236.7 KB ID:\t3870154","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"3870154","data-size":"full","title":"Screenshot_37.png"}[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

24 years 2 months

MJ271/G-IRTY and support PC-12 turned back to Lossie (after hitting bad weather?) in the morning but then left direct for Iceland later in the day. It is now in Iceland. The Faroes were missed out - maybe the sight of all those dead pilot whales put them off?...

The tracker is no more than a pin in a map from what I can gather - maybe they should have used a custom flight tracker like Op Bolero II did (Wingspeed Corp tracker and G2A comms system). G-IRTY doesn't appear on the trackers I'm using so have to rely on OY-THP being 'online'...

Their "social media" feed is certainly not giving the latest updates - considering the press coverage and celeb turnout at Goodwood for this trip you'd expect them to be a bit more savvy keeping Joe Public in the loop. Or is it just a watch selling exercise for those who can splash 10k on a ticker?

Member for

18 years 10 months

Did the Spitfire actually make it to Iceland?

Member for

18 years

Hang on, so the PC-12 shows as flown to Iceland, and then back again, but G-IRTY never left Scotland. What on Earth is going on? And why no news???

Member for

18 years 10 months

This isn't getting off to a good start.. Their FB page isn't giving any info or meaningful updates at all.

Member for

18 years 10 months

RAF Lossiemouth FB page is saying weather delays... could be there until Friday.
Silver Spit page finally posted an update:

"sadly we won't be able to keep everyone up-to-date, all of the time. We are very busy after all trying to fly around the world. G-IRTY is currently waiting in Scotland for some adverse weather to clear over Iceland."

Member for

20 years 6 months

"sadly we won't be able to keep everyone up-to-date, all of the time. We are very busy after all trying to fly around the world. G-IRTY is currently waiting in Scotland for some adverse weather to clear over Iceland."

Surely it can be tracked and put online remotely "We are very busy after all trying to fly around the world" how patronising :(

Member for

24 years 2 months

"We are very busy after all trying to fly around the world."

So during the almost 9 hours spent flying EGQS-BIRK-EGQS someone on board OY-THP or back at Lossie couldn't spend five minutes to post an update on Twitter or FB? :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Member for

18 years 10 months

All they have to do is stop restricting their data on FlightAware etc. Maybe it was unintentional, but if so, it should have been corrected.

Member for

5 years 5 months

Seems oddly unprofessional for the team.

Member for

19 years 3 months

Like Cosmic Simon, I was also presented with the 404 - PAGE NOT FOUND when I clicked on the link in Post #1. So I went to google and searched on "Silver Spitfire tracker". This result worked:

https://www.silverspitfire.com/about/flight-tracker/

I zoomed in on the graphic and made the screen copy presented here.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":3870243}[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

18 years

Flightradar is now showing them both on way to Iceland. The Live flight tracker is not updating however...

Member for

17 years 10 months

I think they have pulled the live tracker that was not live tracking ! I am suprised at the lack of update surely this would be done via someone who is not on the trip but fed the news?

Member for

20 years 5 months

Media updates could easily be done by the other pilot sitting on the Pilatus surely???

Member for

20 years 5 months

Is on the ground at Faroe now.

Member for

19 years 2 months

Support aircraft arrived first [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":3870278}[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

19 years 2 months

Both at Vagar being re-fuelled. Web camera updates every 15 mins. [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":3870285}[/ATTACH]

Attachments