Biggin Hill Festival of Flight Aug 17 18 2019

Member for

13 years 7 months

Looks like a good compliment

https://britishairshows.com/biggin-h...t-airshow.html

Original post

Member for

2 years 11 months

Has anyone attended this show in the past? I am heading there on Saturday and just wondering if there is much of a point getting there any earlier than an hour before flying starts?

Profile picture for user Black Knight

Member for

16 years 1 month

I went to the 1st one & after 3 & a half hours just to get out the car park at the end I vowed never to return.

Member for

10 years 3 months

I always judge an airshow on it's content rather then the access and egress.

I'm going to Biggin Saturday as I love the venue. One I attended for many years from 1977 onwards.
Get out of bed earlier to miss the entrance queues. I always plan to arrive at any show by 09:30, certainly no later than 10:30.
Hang around after the show to pick up a few bargains and catch those warm evening colours.
I normally drive straight in and out again but then it's no misfortune to be stuck at a former WW2 airfield. Might see a few ghosts.

It may have been Biggin Hill a few years ago when the Sea Vixen attended. Sadly the pilot was ill and it didn't display however those that didn't rush home
were treated to a very nice take off, vertical climb with a roll off the top. There's also the chance of a returning aircraft making an appearance.

Sometimes it's good to wait around.

Profile picture for user Black Knight

Member for

16 years 1 month

I've always arrived early & left late. Always arrive at a site by 07:30 & leave when told too by people clearing the sight. The year I went was the iirc the 1st Festival, it was in & out by 1 gate. Queued out in the residential street until the gate opened, then stood in a queue to enter from the car park. Once we got to the car which was at 18:15, we joined the line of cars & hardly moved, as I said, it was 21:45 by the time we drove out the gate.

Member for

2 years 11 months

Sounds like the trick is to arrive and leave early then. Thanks for the tips folks.