Victory Show Cosby Spitfire

Member for

13 years

Took this on take off at a really sloooooow shutter speed of 200th/sec to get a good prop blur. I used F 9 to get a good depth of field that shows with both wings in more or less in focus and the engine and cockpit sharp, all I can surmiss from the **** end is it must vibrate a lot, because its in the middle of the focal range, but blurry. Spit climb by Tony Taylor, on Flickr
Original post
Profile picture for user DazDaMan

Member for

16 years 3 months

Nice shots.
Profile picture for user DH82EH

Member for

6 years 9 months

Agreed! Thanks for posting.
Profile picture for user HuwJHopkins

Member for

11 years 3 months

Took this on take off at a really sloooooow shutter speed of 200th/sec to get a good prop blur. I used F 9 to get a good depth of field that shows with both wings in more or less in focus and the engine and cockpit sharp, all I can surmiss from the **** end is it must vibrate a lot, because its in the middle of the focal range, but blurry.
Nothing to do with the airframe vibrating, it is simply an example of a type of parallax. The blurred tail has nothing to do with the area of focus, but more the panning motion. With the aircraft so close, and with such a low shutter speed, you will either be able to pan and keep the nose sharp or tail sharp, but not both. It's particularly evident at Cosby due to the proximity of the runway meaning the aircraft are closer, if the aircraft were further away, say like at Duxford, and you used the same shutter speed and the higher focal length required, the parallax would be much less evident. Parallax can be so annoying, but you've done the best thing there and panned with the nose.

Member for

13 years

Thanks, that makes sense and thanks everyone for the kind comments. Time too bale out :highly_amused: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48703965738_d50201d368_c.jpgDak Para by Tony Taylor, on Flickr