East Fortune

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 7 months

Hi,

I don't normally post here, but RenFrew has steered me over to Historic.

Does anyone know if East Fortune is open to GA traffic at all times, by prior contact, or only during fly-ins?

Any help is welcome.

Thanks

dme

Original post

Member for

19 years 2 months

There are 2 parts of East Fortune used for flying, with the majority of the airfield used for other purposes including model aircrfat flying so beware. I dont know what size of a/c you have but the Microlight site - information in Pooleys Guide can take visitors PPO - provided they keep to the circuit -see their web page EOSM http://sites.ecosse.net/graeme.ritchie/eosm/home.asp. It has taken the odd Cessna 150-172 and even a Caravan. The PFA or RadarActive at the Museum might be able to help with contacts for the other part

Member for

19 years 7 months

Thanks Robert;

I was thinking about a PA-38 or C172.

Cheers

dme

Member for

20 years 7 months

It is not possible to fly-in to the museum site itself. Neither do we own any of the wartime runways of the airfield - these belong to various local farmers any permission to land on the runways would need to be obtained from them.

Your best bet would be to contact East of Scotland Microlights who fly from part of one of the runways. They may be able to accommodate larger aircraft, although I doubt their landing area is large enough.