Signing event at Shoreham Aircraft Museum for the Battle of Britain London Monument.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 8 months

We will be holding a further signing event at the museum on Sunday 15th May, to raise funds for the Battle of Britain London Monument.

The list of those who have so far agreed be present on the day to sign your prints, or books etc. are – Bob Doe, Gerald ‘Stapme’ Stapleton, Tom Neil, Mike Croskell, Robin Lucas, Nigel Rose, and Jack Riddle.

The plan is to have ten ‘Battle’ veterans present altogether, and I have to say that the three veterans who we hope to have filling the remaining spaces will crtainly be prize 'catches'.

Robin Lucas flew Defiants with No 141 Squadron during the battle, so we’re all very much looking forward to meeting him, as well as the other veterans. Please bear in mind though, that advanced years, or illness, may alter the planned list of those attending, sometimes at short notice.

Several prints, specially overprinted to commemorate the day, will be available at a special price, including the signatures of all veterans signing on the day.

As usual all money raised will be going to the Battle of Britain London Monument. See here for the monument website http://www.bbm.org.uk/ and details of progress with the consruction etc.

At the time of writing, the cost of the two special prints (signed by those veterans present), the times of the signing sessions, and the signing fee are still to be finalised, so for the full details, or if you are going to be attending the event to obtain a particular signature, and would like to confirm that the veteran you are seeking is still due to attend, please contact the museum closer to the day.

Follow the link below to our website for location & contact details.

If you've not been to one of our signings, check out this thread from one of last years signings http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30104&highlight=shoreham+signing

I will add further updates as I get the information.

Geoff.

Original post

Member for

20 years 8 months

I'm very pleased to say that in addition to those listed above, 'Paddy' Barthropp & James Corbin have confirmed that they will be attending our signing on the 15th May.

We still have one more name to add, so look out for more news soon.

Geoff.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Latest update.

Terry Clark (219 Sqn) will also be attending this event on the 15th May. This brings to ten the number of BoB veterans attending. The other names are Bob Doe 234 & 238 Sqns, Gerald ‘Stapme’ Stapleton 603 Sqn, Tom Neil 249 Sqn, Mike Croskell 213 Sqn, Robin Lucas 141 Sqn, Nigel Rose 602 Sqn, 'Paddy' Barthropp 602 Sqn, James Corbin 66 & 610 Sqn, and Jack Riddle 601 Sqn.

We're hoping to add another two names to this list, so stay tuned!

There will be two signing sessions, with the morning one starting at 11am. There will be a break for lunch, followed by the afternoon session, which will probably end about 4pm. For those of you wanting lunch, there are four pubs in the village :)

There will be a limit of three items to sign per person, but those wishing to get further items signed can 'go around again'. The fee per item is £20,which will entitle you to the signatures of all veterans singning on the day.

Any further nrews will be added to this thread.

BTW the museum is also open on Saturday 8th May, as well as Sunday 9th May.

Geoff.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Just a little reminder to give you a chance to keep next Sunday (15th May) clear, or to start buttering up your other half :D

By the way, our museum is open both tomorrow AND Sunday this weekend, as the village is having a VE Day event.

Geoff.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Anyone from the forum thinking of coming along?

Geoff

Member for

24 years 2 months

Not allowed to butter up my other half. Not after she saw Last Tango in Paris.....

One of these days Geoff, I shall visit. Until then:

BUMP