Instrument Panel Indentification Required!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 10 months

I collect aircraft instrument panels and have had great sucess in the past using this forum in identifying an unknown aircraft panel, so here's hoping for the same second time around.

This is a panel which I recently purchased from Shoreham Aerojumble (see photos). On the reverse are the letters P.A.C which I have been told stands for Percival Aircraft Company. Its certainly not a Pembroke or a Sea Prince both of which I have in my collection and am able to compare against (incidentally I have included a photo of a Pembroke panel). The instruments on the panel are nothing to go against as I believe they have been placed in there just to fill the holes. All I am sure about is that the Mk 4B Gyro which denotes that it is post war. Perhaps the large diamater holes right of the white blind border guages were for the RPM'S therefore denoting 2 or either 4 engines (I'm just guessing here!) Perhaps its just a different variant type of a Pembroke or Sea Prince? Or perhaps it's a different aircraft or some protertype manufactured by Percival? Any idea's from anyone would be grately appreciated. Thanks for your tme on this........

Original post

Member for

19 years 10 months

Just to make it clear the scruffy panel (first two pictures) is the panel I need identifying!

Member for

19 years 1 month

Instrument panel ID

Fly Buy, Just out of interest are any of the instruments marked 'PIL' then a
number then a date? If they are then they were repaired by the company I work for and we MAY have records which would at least tell you who the company was who the aircraft originally belonged to. Can't promise anything and obviously it wouldn't be till Monday. Hope this helps.I'd also need the type and serial number of the instrument concerned. I do recognise most of them (type wise I mean).

Member for

19 years 10 months

Keith,
Okay thanks I'll take a look and get back to you.
Regards
Fly.Buy