Will it be at Legends? (TM)

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Will it be at Legends? Yes it will :D

Douglas C-47 TF-NPK ex-TF-ISH formerly 43-30710 will be at Legends this year! That is if they can find a replacement engine for it in time. It blew the right engine on take off this afternoon from Reykjavik, when taking off on a crop dusting flight with 3.5 tons of fertilizer on board :eek: I was there to see it, and what a marvelous job done by the pilots.

However the plot is, to fly the aircraft to DUX for Legends, then after that do a PR tour for Icelandair to celebrate the 60th annaversery of the first international flight flown commercially by an Icelandic aircraft which took place in July 1946, when a PBY5 (not A) of Icelandair made the first commercial flight from Reykjavik to Largs Logh in Scotland on the 11th of july 1946. According to the rumours doing the rounds it will be painted in Icelandair colours, but I'm not sure if it is period colours or the present day ones. It will stage through Glasgow, Copenhagen and Oslo on this PR tour.

Original post

Member for

19 years 3 months

why dont we make a car sticker with the motto "will it be at Legends?" :D

Alex

Member for

24 years 2 months

why dont we make a car sticker with the motto "will it be at Legends?" :D

Alex

Now that would be an idea :D It will be an instant best-seller ;) :D :D

Member for

20 years 1 month

How about this (apologies to Araman for borrowing his lovely PR19 picture :o )....

..the dangers of reading the forum whilst doing photoshop work for my university project :D , better get back to work, it is handed in a week yesterday...

Attachments

Member for

19 years 3 months

bump, come on chaps, let's do it!
A rounded sticker with an airplane silouette with a question mark over it and the motto "will it be" "at Legends?" :D

Alex

Member for

24 years 2 months

Galdri,

My Icelandic workmate wants to know what on earth you dust from the air round Reykjavik in May!

Adrian

Member for

24 years 2 months

Galdri,

My Icelandic workmate wants to know what on earth you dust from the air round Reykjavik in May!

Adrian

The C47 has been dropping fertilizer on the lower areas of the Reykjanesskagi (Reykjanes peninsula) for about a week now, before it had it's incident last Thursday.

Member for

20 years 8 months

fertilizer

Organic or chemical?

Member for

20 years 2 months

Organic or chemical?

I bet there was some organic fertilizer coming from the cockpit when there was an engine failure on take off with 3.5 tons on board! :eek: :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

I bet there was some organic fertilizer coming from the cockpit when there was an engine failure on take off with 3.5 tons on board! :eek: :D

Well, judging by the way they sounded on the radio while it was going on, there was no organic fertilizer coming form the cockpit :D :D

Funny thing is, they just recently REDUCED the load to 3.5 tons. They used to operate this aircraft at full military overload with 4.something tons :eek: It is not as critical as it sounds, as they have a dump function on the hopper, so they can dump the entire load in a few seconds (10 sec. IIRC) if the situation is critical. And that is what they did the other day. They went over the sea, dumped the load, and came back for a very uneventful landing.

Member for

20 years 2 months

If anyone wonders what TF-NPK looks like, here it is in an 'Air Atlantiquish' type scheme! How nice it would be to see it in full Icelandair livery? :rolleyes: