Fly in a vintage aeroplane

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 7 months

On Saturday 14 May (tomorrow) there is a Royal Navy Historic Flight Charity Flying Day down at RNAS Yeovilton.

"Flight in Classic aeroplanes for members of the public, plus running lecture programme, static park and air display. Cost £100 per head. 200 places only."

I have no idea as to whether there are any places left.
Please call 01985 844811 for more details.

Here is a list of aircraft giving flights

Ø Gypsy Moth
Ø Tiger Moths
Ø Chipmunks
Ø a Pitts special
Ø DH Dragon
Ø DH Devon
Ø Yak 52
Ø Piper Cub
Ø Cessna 120
Ø Stampe

Amongst other things in the static park will be, Harvard, Swordfish, Seahawk and Sea Fury.

Enjoy!

Original post

Member for

20 years 6 months

Reccomended.

It's in a good cause.

And it's fun (I've been told) :D

Member for

19 years 3 months

Also in the static are Sea Harrier, Lynx 3/7/8 and Sea King 4, Seahawk, Sea Fury and Skyraider etc are also due to fly in a short display for the anniversary of the RNR Air Branch also being held at VL tomorrow. Anyone wishing to fly in a historic aircraft can turn up on the day at the Fleet Air Arm Museum and ask the ticket office staff to put you in touch with the organisers who will be happy for you to pay on the day. Its all in a good cause to help keep the RNHF in the air.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Went to this event 8(?) years ago, brilliant day out. Well recommended.

Member for

20 years

I hope the wind drops a bit for them. I also hope the Moths can find some grass, otherwise it could get tres sporty!

Member for

19 years 3 months

I hope the wind drops a bit for them. I also hope the Moths can find some grass, otherwise it could get tres sporty!

The aircraft giving the flights are operating off the grass light aircraft strip which runs alongside 09/27 at the western end of the airfield, the static park is on Y dispersal behind the museum, sadly the forecast does not look good.