Al taylor

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 10 months

Living in Australia My copy of Flypast is a month behind.
I have just read an article on page 21 of the April 2005 edition under 'Briefings' (last article) regarding Spitfire PRX1X PS 890, the article suggests that PS 890 has been sold to a French Warbird Collector.
I believe this kite was an ex 81 PR Sqdn (RAF Seletar Singapore) aircraft and would have been one of the last Operational PR X1X's flown by the RAF ('The Last' PS 888 was flown by 81 Sqdn),it ended up at Chino where it was fitted with an ex Shackleton Griffin with contra rotating blades, also the wings I believe were clipped in readiness for altitude record attempts.
An ex 81 Sqdn mate of mine who worked on PS 890 and classed it as his aircraft, lives in the USA and whilst visiting Chino related his story to the restorers.
Because of this quirk of fate If anyone out there should know of the new home of PS 890 we would be overjoyed to hear.
Also if there are any ex 81 Sqdn members out there who would like to join a small loop of us in nagging about old times on 81 don't hesitate to contact me [email]alphatango@cnnet.com.au[/email] Al Taylor

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hello Al,

Welcome to the forum.

Click on the search facility and enter 'PS890' for the fullest of photo coverage of this newcomer to the European airshow scene.

Mark

Member for

19 years 11 months

Also a welcome from Switzerland to you, Al

and to give you a taste of what to find......

Cheers
Martin / Swiss Mustangs

Attachments

Member for

19 years 11 months

and one more

Attachments