Heston Pheonix

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years

Does anyone know of the existence of a cut-a-way drawing or plans for this aircraft. No real aim other than further adoration of a lovely looking machine at the moment.
Ta muchly.
OAW / Gary

Original post

Member for

20 years 3 months

I can't get THIS to work at work, but is it any use? Funny, I was only thinking about the same aircraft the other day!

Member for

19 years

Tim Moore at Skysport may be able to help you, i know he wanted to build a replica some years ago!

Member for

20 years

Cheers Gents...

Member for

20 years 7 months

Wasn't there a feature in Aeroplane Monthly? I think they covered the whole of the 'tween the wars British types at one time or another. Finding it though...

There may have been a cutaway published in Flight or Aeroplane when the a/c first appeared. If you can get to a reference library with a collection of either for the period...

Member for

24 years 3 months

Can't help with details of the original but the chaiman of the Rolls-Royce Model Aircraft Club completed a large-scale model of the Pheonix last year.

Few pics here http://www.hucknall-mac.com/ under "Projects".

Member for

20 years

JDK
I may have that at home - I seem to recall reading the article. I have a prewar recognition book with a shilouette of it but cutaways seem hard to find.
dhfan
Thanks for the link. Such a nice looking aircraft...

Only a small production run (6 aircraft) and I think the last one survived until the early 1950's - Sadly crashing in the Alps IIRC

Member for

24 years 3 months

Coincidence strikes...

The last time I called in to Duxford, 6 weeks or so ago, TFC (I think) had a tablefull of mags they were giving away. I picked up half a dozen.

One was the June 1994 edition of Wingspan which I've just grabbed at random from one of my many stacks of books and mags. Inside is an Alf Grainger 3-view of the Heston Pheonix. Just tried to scan it and it was 'orrible, I'll have another go over the weekend.