Seeking info on S/L C Beamish DFC

Member for

14 years 5 months

Hello everyone, I looking for info on Squadron Leader Charles Beamish DFC for a painting for his son. I know during early WW2 he was in 23 sqn based at Wittering flying Blenheim 1F and received his DFC for "personal leadership on offensive patrols over the North Sea". What I really need is the all important code of any Blenheim he was known to have flown during Jan to May 1940, YP-??? Any ideas how to find out! Any help would be most appreciated! Regards Matt Curtis www.mattcurtisgallery.com
Original post
Profile picture for user black-panther

Member for

15 years 4 months

Hello everyone, I looking for info on Squadron Leader Charles Beamish DFC for a painting for his son. I know during early WW2 he was in 23 sqn based at Wittering flying Blenheim 1F and received his DFC for "personal leadership on offensive patrols over the North Sea". What I really need is the all important code of any Blenheim he was known to have flown during Jan to May 1940, YP-??? Any ideas how to find out! Any help would be most appreciated! Regards Matt Curtis www.mattcurtisgallery.com
Hi Matt, Have you tryed asking for information Here http://www.rafcommands.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi They are very helpful. I hope this helps :) Cheers Rob....

Member for

14 years 5 months

Thanks Rob, I'll take a look! Regards Matt Curtis www.mattcurtisgallery.com