£5 LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP FRIENDS OF SYWELL AERODROME

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years

Join the Friends of Sywell Aerodrome for only £5 for LIFETIME membership and receive

Biannualr high quality magazine on current and historic aspects of the Aerodrome
Free pin badge, car sticker, pen and laminated ID card (so you know who you are)

Discount on Landing Fees, use of roof terrace facilities, discount on meals and hotel rooms at The Aviator Hotel. Airshow perks, tickets t-shirts etc

See what we have to offer at www.sywellaerodrome.co.uk!

It’s a great deal – JOIN FOSA today! :D :D

PM me your address and I'll send you a form!

TT

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Hmm I was all with after MBB reading these FOSA newsletters until things started getting nasty :(

Have things calmed down now?

Member for

20 years

Do I know you BR? ???

Things are calmer than they have been for a while - still waiting on SoS decision on the runway

the decision on which has been appealed for non determination by the local council - after i think 6-8 years. There was a recent council hearing which was not of much consequence as it was a hearing to decide what the council would have decided if they had made a decision in the first place even though they cannot now make a decision as the decision is in the hands of the SoS!!!!! MADNESS!

TT

Member for

24 years 2 months

Tomcat, our local district council acted the same way over Coventry airport when applications were submitted for a temporary then passenger terminal. The applicant were a bit slow on the non-determination route whilst said DC exercised a stonewalling tactic that former Soviet politicians would be proud of! I got the impression myself that local DC didn't want to make a decision that they thought should lie with central government, especially given the implications. I know the Sywell plan won't attract passenger figures anywhere near like Coventry has got with a low-cost op but still the MO does appear to be the same doesn't it?

We haven't met and I still have yet to come over to the museum for a chat about Deterding. One snippet of info we found out recently from a neighbouring strip was that he had a Cub as well as a Gispy Moth and a C182.

On the FOSA front sounds worthwhile for reduced landing fees. Presently I'd fly to Wellesbourne for fuel given the choice. Sywell's fuel is pricey comparitively but it is our nearest strip and a reduced landing fee would ameloriate the cost differential. The automated machines I believe mean that we can purchase fuel out of hours.

Member for

19 years 2 months

Join the Friends of Sywell Aerodrome for only £5 for LIFETIME membership and receive

See what we have to offer at www.sywellaerodrome.co.uk!

TT

Don't have to do that. A few of pics of 'typical' Sundays at sunny Sywell! And that's without TT sunbathing on the Aviator roof!

Attachments

Member for

20 years

Tomcat, our local district council acted the same way over Coventry airport when applications were submitted for a temporary then passenger terminal. The applicant were a bit slow on the non-determination route whilst said DC exercised a stonewalling tactic that former Soviet politicians would be proud of! I got the impression myself that local DC didn't want to make a decision that they thought should lie with central government, especially given the implications. I know the Sywell plan won't attract passenger figures anywhere near like Coventry has got with a low-cost op but still the MO does appear to be the same doesn't it?

We haven't met and I still have yet to come over to the museum for a chat about Deterding. One snippet of info we found out recently from a neighbouring strip was that he had a Cub as well as a Gispy Moth and a C182.

On the FOSA front sounds worthwhile for reduced landing fees. Presently I'd fly to Wellesbourne for fuel given the choice. Sywell's fuel is pricey comparitively but it is our nearest strip and a reduced landing fee would ameloriate the cost differential. The automated machines I believe mean that we can purchase fuel out of hours.

Hi BR - thanks for your post - PM me with your address and will send you a FOSA leaflet - all the best

TT

Member for

20 years

Got six of ya - any more for any more?!

All the best TT

Member for

24 years 2 months

Got the leaflet chum. Shall I send a crisp note in the post?

How much discount on landing fees? :D