BRITISH EAGLE

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 3 months

Just to make the "ton up" I thought it's time some more B E pics were put up,
this and the following post were selected (borrowed?) from Innsbruck Airports website

Original post

Member for

19 years 3 months

Century post, I think a cracking pic of the Viscount

Member for

20 years 2 months

cunard Eagle Britannia

Was delighted to win this postcard on E.Bay recently showing Britannia G-APYY. It's interesting to see that this was issued in the early 1960s in pre-computer and PhotoShop days, yet I'm pretty sure this photo was taken on the ground and then re-photographed against a sky background to make it look air-to-air?

Member for

19 years 3 months

Would "cut & paste" sum up the process better ???
But at least we have a few other pics of PYY

Member for

19 years 3 months

Here she was in Feb 1962 (photo owner unknown)

Member for

19 years 3 months

...and ....

Member for

19 years 3 months

...and whilst maintaining the thread theme, I was recently outbid on ebay for this pic.
I don't recognise her....anyone ???????????

Member for

20 years 2 months

Would "cut & paste" sum up the process better ???
But at least we have a few other pics of PYY

Another thing about my CUE Brit card is the 'E' on the tail. I'm pretty sure it was the 'block E' when photographed and an artist amended it to show the later style. In fact I think it was only G-APYY that had this style applied and only for a very short while, as I have never seen any non-official photos in this scheme, so think it may not have flown with the 'block' E. Can OE confirm?

Member for

19 years 3 months

Difficult !
"Block E" seems to have been approx 1960-61, when PYY was leased in from Cubana
The scheme appeared also on some Vikings, and at least one Viscount VR-BBH
Interesting that G-ARKA, the next Britannia into Eagle had the same nose area cheat line as PYY, but the later curved E on the tail
From pic in post 6 I would suggest that she flew with "Block E" and your card was made up by an advertising type person (ooh dear I'll never be PC) who added Cunard and modded the tail