Leeuwarden Airshow Help Required

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 11 months

Hi I am new to the forum and would like some help if possible. I am looking at going to Leeuwarden airshow this year, mainly due to the rare appearance of the blue angels, but with would like clarification on a couple of points before finalising travel arrangements & accomodation etc.

The show is being advertised as on the friday the 16th and saturday the 17th June - are both of these dates open to the public?

How popular is this event likely to be on the different days (obviously greatly dependant on weather, but being hopeful and assuming a nice sunny day) will it be on a par with say RIAT or legends in terms of what time I should look to be arriving?

Will the flying programme be the same on both days?

Anyone know of any cheap local, holiday inns or the like that are likely to be available, my search so far has left the only option to stay in Groningen?

If anyone has any other general tips please let me know.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
Duncan

Original post

Member for

19 years 2 months

Hi Duncan,

Both days are accessible to the public. Content of the shows on both days is usually identical or nearly identical.
The friday is generally the less busiest of the two days though attendence could be as high as 100-150.000. On the saturdays attendence is even higher, though this year both days might be affected due to the football championships (though I don't know if the Dutch are playing on either of these days.)

Harm-Jan Strating

Member for

17 years 11 months

Harm-Jan & Crazy Cavia thank you both very much.