Hunter F.58s ZZ191 and G-HHAE/ZZ190

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 10 months

ZZ190 and ZZ191

They are very much back in military service. They are now off the civil register and no longer regulated by the CAA. Regulation is undertaken by TESD (Formerly D Flying) and the TAA (Type Airworthiness Authority) under the military regulations stipulated in the AvP67 publication. This is a set of rules and regulations which encompass the engineering procedures, airworthiness assessment and through life management of continuous airworthiness. In addition it covers the required systems of work to operate the aircraft safely as well as the operational aspects of flying the aircraft in a military environment.

This is without doubt a great achivement for HHA and we are unique for a company of this type and size to be awarded this status which is indeed testament to the engineering and operational professionalism of the company.

Member for

20 years 1 month

A question for HHA ENG. Are the aircraft being operated by HHA or FRA? Do HHA still own them, or have they been sold to FRA? I know some FRA crew are flying them (or at least will be).

Member for

19 years 1 month

I went looking around for shots of ZZ190 and ZZ191 today and found this one taken of ZZ191 at Bournemouth a few weeks ago:
http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1027146/

I guess this may turn out to be a fairly rare shot if the Swiss flag is to be deleted?

Member for

19 years 10 months

HHA Hunters

HHA still own the aircraft and operate them from an engineering perspective. They will be flown by very experienced FRA pilots who have undergone conversion training by HHA QFIs.