Anyone want to bring a cockpit to Bruntingthorpe?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 1 month

Hi all,
Would anyone like to bring along a Cockpit or Instrument panels, seats etc the the Bruntingthorpe "Big Thunder" open day on Sunday 27th of May 2007?
If so, please contact me for arangements. I have been told we can use the concrete pan area adjacent to the Super Guppy, and anyone wishing to attend can do so free of charge.
We already have Victor B.1 and Lightning T.5 and Canberra PR.9 cockpits on site, and I belive we may have a Jet Provost Mk.5 cockpit coming also. Simulated takeoff runs will be made by a Victor, Comet, Lightning's, Iskra, Canberra, Buccaneer and of course our little Jet Provost Mk.3A. We are also expecting participation by the Vulcan XH558, but are as yet unsure if it will be static, engine run, taxi or flying!
Other aircraft including a Sea Vixen are available for viewing, so ,if you want to get up close and personal to some classic jet's, this is the day to do it.

Original post

Member for

18 years 2 months

Don't think I'll be able to drag the cockpit down there, but will try and attend anyway.

Best of luck with the event!

Roy.

Member for

17 years 1 month

Bruntingthorpe 27th of May.

Hi Roy
It would be great to meet up with you at last, will you be at Cockpitfest this year? Max has his first cockpit project to show, a Beagle Pup-100 that he picked up, badly crushed from nosing over in a forced landing. We must get up to Liverpool one of these days also.
All the best.

Member for

18 years 2 months

Hi Roy
It would be great to meet up with you at last, will you be at Cockpitfest this year? Max has his first cockpit project to show, a Beagle Pup-100 that he picked up, badly crushed from nosing over in a forced landing. We must get up to Liverpool one of these days also.
All the best.

Yup, Newark is in my diary for this year :)

Liverpool will be worth a visit, as I type this, the Britannia is literally on it's way up from Kemble.

Tomorrow will be a scary large/heavy load + crane day.

Roy.

Member for

17 years 1 month

someone, someware, must be interested!

Hi
I just thought it was worth asking again, there must be someone out there who would like to display at Bruntingthorpe.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Sorry Ritch but XH175 is booked to attend a local event on Sat 19th May, British Legion event Sat 9th June then Cockpit Fest 16/17th June.

The tolerance of the other half for the 'hunk of metal' would be strained beyond endurance if I tried to add another event to May.

Ross

Member for

17 years 1 month

Hi Ross, thanks for considering it anyway, I know how much hard work it is attending any event. Be sure to say hello at Cockpitfest, we will be there with Max's new Beagle Pup cockpit project and his Instrument panels, or drop in and say hello at Bruntingthorpe if you are out that way on a Saturday.

Member for

17 years 1 month

Aerojumble & Cockpits etc, Bruntingthorpe 27th May.

Hi All
Thought I had better ask one last time!
Would anyone like to bring along a Cockpit or Instrument panels, seats etc the the Bruntingthorpe "Big Thunder" open day on Sunday 27th of May 2007?
If so, please contact me for arangements. I have been told we can use the concrete pan area adjacent to the Super Guppy, and anyone wishing to attend can do so free of charge.
Also, anyone who would like to have an Aerojumble stall would be welcome for a small fee, I can put you in touch with the organiser.
We already have Victor B.1 and Lightning T.5 and Canberra PR.9 cockpits on site, and I belive we may have a Jet Provost Mk.5 cockpit coming also. Simulated takeoff runs will be made by a Victor, Comet, Lightning's, Iskra, Canberra, Buccaneer and of course our little Jet Provost Mk.3A.
Other aircraft including a Sea Vixen are available for viewing, so ,if you want to get up close and personal to some classic jet's, this is the day to do it.

Member for

18 years

F6 Cockpit to Brunters (XS922)

Hello all,

I MAY be in a position to bring my F6 cockpit XS922 to Brunters on the 27th ???? Not sure yet as it depends on where i will be on the days preceeding!

Watch this space!

I should be able to bring down my T5 instrument panel (NOT very spectacular at the moment so dont get too excited!!!)..... interested??

Cheers all, fly safe

Member for

24 years 2 months

Also, anyone who would like to have an Aerojumble stall would be welcome for a small fee, I can put you in touch with the organiser.

I pm'd you last month about this but received no reply.

Can you tell us anything about the aerojumble, i.e. has anyone actually booked a stall, or is all a bit vague?

Details such as fees, person to contact, etc would be welcome.

That said, the weather forecast is iffy and I'm not sure I'd want to sit out in the rain all day.