R.A.F. Commands Forum

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 11 months

Is anyone else having trouble getting into R.A.F. Commands Forum?

Original post

Member for

17 years 10 months

Yes me....it's been like that since this afternoon. Looks like it's gone.

Best Wishes.
Robert.

Member for

18 years

I'm afraid it's been under attack from spammers for some time and I guess today was the final straw.

Ross, could you post a statement here as I know there are very many users of the forum worldwide who would appreciate your advice? I know from the comments posted on RAFCommands from time to time how invaluable the forum has been for the exchange of views and information and, with due respect to this and other forums, there was not another quite like it.

If it really is gone for good it is a very sad day indeed.

Brian

Member for

17 years 10 months

Hi Brian,
Yes, i'm aware of that. I second what you say. Great pity indeed. Just hope Ross can keep us informed and probaly start all over again.

Best Wishes.
Robert.

Member for

19 years 2 months

I does look as though Ross or his ISP have pulled the plug. I noticed this afternoon. Probably the ISP as Ross would have put up a notice last night and I was on at 02:00 and saw nothing.

The spammers have been a real pain over the last few months.

Lets hope it re-appears so as for researcher it was a wonderful forum for getting answers to some not very easy questions.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hi Gents,

Although the spam was being deleted on an hourly basis or so the ISP decided that the site was breaching the TOC and pulled it.

I finally reached agreement with the provider this morning to reinstate the pages so it should re-appear within the next 24 hrs.

If only other providers would take action on the headless sites that are linked to by the spammers then the problem would diminish.

Regards
Ross

Member for

19 years 1 month

RAF Commands is back on line.

Member for

17 years 11 months

RAF Commands is back on line.

Are they down again?

Member for

17 years 5 months

Ross put a message on the site yesterday that there was going to be some "outage" time with the site, if I remember correctly it was largely overnight but perhaps this has had to be extended?
Max

Member for

17 years 11 months

Thanks, glad its not me!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Just like Railtrack.

Easyspace engineering over-ran by 10 hours.

Back up now.

Regards
Ross

Member for

18 years

Sorry Ross - not with me it isn't. Just waited ages for 'Website not responding'.

Brian

Member for

17 years 11 months

Me either and I need my fix!

Member for

19 years 2 months

Its working now.