Duxford Broncos

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 3 months

In Aeroplane for September or August there was an article on the Duxford Bronco,s.
Now one is airbourne test flying, when this is complete the other aircraft will be worked on.
The article said the aircraft had not been in European conflict so they might have to find a new home?
There is a rumour that one might be heading down to the Channel Islands? does not know which island if at all or any news on there possible new home.
Jersey is the home of one of the Duxford based T28 pilots, could there be some connection there?.
Can any one through any light at all on this one?

Original post

Member for

18 years 2 months

I believe they are owned by Tony de Bruyn, who is a Belgian.

Member for

20 years

The one which is currently being testflown is indeed owned by Tony de Bruyn who will operate it in Belgium when the testprogram is completed. But I'm not shure if he also owns the second one.

Greets,

Stieglitz

Member for

19 years 7 months

In case you want to see what she looks like airborne, here a shot I took of her in August.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Consul/Bronco1.jpg

Member for

18 years 2 months

The one which is currently being testflown is indeed owned by Tony de Bruyn who will operate it in Belgium when the testprogram is completed. But I'm not shure if he also owns the second one.

Greets,

Stieglitz

I believe he does own the second one also

Member for

20 years 2 months

I heard that the first Bronco G-BZGK will be based at Manston once the test programme is complete. Second example is a fair way off flying yet;)

Member for

19 years

I heard that "Tony DeBruyn" was another of Jeff Hawke's cover names and both Bronco's would be off on a CIA mission in Burma soon.......
He does look a lot slimmer these days and he doesn't have such a full head of hair or the beard. Must be a "new identity" :D

Member for

18 years 8 months

I heard that the first Bronco G-BZGK will be based at Manston once the test programme is complete. Second example is a fair way off flying yet;)

Be brilliant if it does come to MSE:cool:
Does he Plan on having them flying the Airshow circut it? And is he the chap who owns a Short Skyvan?

James

Member for

18 years 11 months

And is he the chap who owns a Short Skyvan?

James

Which one?:confused: Do you know that there only two Skyvans current on the register and they both belong to Invicta Aviation.:eek:

Member for

18 years 6 months

He owns both of them (G-PIGY and BEOL)

As well as a Do.27, two DHC.1's, SF.260, C.177, ...

Member for

20 years 8 months

Love the Bronco, noisy little beast that it is. Remember seeing them buzzing around in Germany when I was on exercise once. Also saw one displaying at North Weald a few years ago and I've never forgotten the sound of those Allison? turboprops. Sorry, my mistake, the engines were Garretts.