Forum Virtual Art Gallery

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 2 months

Robmac...those are simply stunning!!!:eek:
I have just completed this pencil work from a photo...over 70 hrs in it ...I called the drawing ....A 'Few' of the Boys..anyways the pilots are {from L to R}
Sgt B Jennings - 19 Sqn , Fl/Lt B Lane - 19 Sqn , Flash the dog , Sgt G Unwin - 19 sqn, F/O C MacFie - 616 Sqn , unknown dog! , Fl/Lt H Burton - 616 Sqn , P/O H Allen - 66 Sqn , P/O P Leckrone { USA } - 616 Sqn. ( Sqns correct at time of photograph )...information taken from the book 'Men of the Battle of Britain'

A 'Few' of the Boys
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb48/602RAF_Puff/Drawing-Final.jpg

2B and 4B pencil on 300gsm smooth card.

Member for

17 years 10 months

Some amazing work here :eek:

I had a dabble last year although I do not profess to be anywhere near as good as some on here!

Tom

love these three how did you create them?

Member for

19 years 1 month

602, that is one piece of excellent work you have their. A lot of good detail.

Here are three more of mine, again all in charcoal

'A 17 of the 8th' I've called this one.
Photobucket

'Home bound Belle' depicting Memphis Belle on here way back home to the States after her 25th mission.
Photobucket

And this one ain't got a name yet. Two Germans working on a 109 in Russia. Any offers for a title?
Photobucket

More to come soon ;)

Member for

16 years 2 months

Those are stunning again mate..and with charcoal...wow!!! It takes real talent to work with that stuff lol...I'll stick to pencils! Can I ask what size and type of sheet you use for these please?

Member for

19 years 3 months

Hey guys some great looking work on here, just finished this been a long job but I'm happy with it.

Cheers
PaulC

Attachments

Member for

20 years 9 months

hi robmac,

not bad, are you going to tell them they are a mix of photo and drawing, or shall i.

Member for

19 years 1 month

Damn, I've been rumbled;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Member for

19 years 1 month

Those are stunning again mate..and with charcoal...wow!!! It takes real talent to work with that stuff lol...I'll stick to pencils! Can I ask what size and type of sheet you use for these please?

All I use is 160grm A4 or A3 matt finish paper or cartridge paper if I'm out and about drawing. I have a whole raft of pencils through the H and B range and use mainly willow stick charcoal and black coal charcoal. Larger black areas are acheived by continual spraying with a fixer and constantly going over it. I'm left handed so it can be difficult with smudging if I'm not careful. I'm not a member of the Guild of Aviation Artists but have attended some of their meets and drawn with them. Compaired to some of the oil paintings they do, mine are nothing.

Member for

20 years 9 months

hi robmac,

i will say this, you have a very good eye.
many years ago, i tried the same thing with a starfire, looked ok when i had finished, but yours are far better.
could have sworn the original wrecked zero photo had the soldier in, or is there more than one shot taken from the same position.

Member for

16 years 3 months

Brilliant...............Oh, how I wish I had a talent like some of these guys !!!

Planemike

Member for

16 years 3 months

These are incredible pictures:eek: This one of the Spit attacking the He111's is just insperational. It's not the same though doing them in CGI as it is doing them by hand.

Very good to look at still though;)

Rob

Hi Rob,

Definitely not the same, nobody claimed it was, certainly not me. A different skillset that some people have trouble appreciating. It takes a LOT of time, effort, experience and talent to do CG right. Feel free to have a look on ehangar where the whole process was explained: http://www.ehangar.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1223&highlight=

Nice work on your work by the way. Are all of these based on photographs or do you do some from scratch ? They do look very photographic (which is very cool).

Cheers,

Member for

17 years 9 months

Just adding a bit colour to give a break from the B/Ws.

Attachments

Member for

16 years 4 months

Nice work John
m

Member for

19 years 7 months

Very nice, northeagle.

Reminds me of another painting, of another era...

Piece of Cake by Michael Turner

Attachments

Member for

16 years 7 months

Can anyone who may be interested in putting on a display please E-mail me via my profile- overall the work is superb so far & no doubt there is more to come.

to Robmac- why haven't you got yourself registered with G.of A.A. yet?:D

Member for

16 years 7 months

Robmac...those are simply stunning!!!:eek:
I have just completed this pencil work from a photo...over 70 hrs in it ...I called the drawing ....A 'Few' of the Boys..anyways the pilots are {from L to R}
Sgt B Jennings - 19 Sqn , Fl/Lt B Lane - 19 Sqn , Flash the dog , Sgt G Unwin - 19 sqn, F/O C MacFie - 616 Sqn , unknown dog! , Fl/Lt H Burton - 616 Sqn , P/O H Allen - 66 Sqn , P/O P Leckrone { USA } - 616 Sqn. ( Sqns correct at time of photograph )...information taken from the book 'Men of the Battle of Britain'

A 'Few' of the Boys
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb48/602RAF_Puff/Drawing-Final.jpg

2B and 4B pencil on 300gsm smooth card.

That is stunning- I take it the original photo was probably taken while the squadrons were at Fowlmere- is there any chance of a copy to go on display with our 616 squadron board- please PM me & let me know-rad

Member for

19 years 3 months

Hi guys
This looks like being the next painting, it depicts the Piper Aztec of Sheila Scott over the sea ice on her record breaking flight over the north pole, I think she is a sadly forgotten heroine of her day and her book 'on top of the world' is a good read.

PaulC

www.paulcouper.co.uk

Attachments

Member for

19 years 3 months

Ok then I lied, this will be the next painting, felt like doing something a bit more challenging, anyone care to dream up a title?

Cheers
PaulC

Attachments

Member for

17 years 2 months

"If you go down in the woods today !"
Silly I know but the first thing that came to mind.
Be lucky
David

Member for

20 years 7 months

Ok then I lied, this will be the next painting, felt like doing something a bit more challenging, anyone care to dream up a title?

Cheers
PaulC

:) If you go down to the woods today you're in for a BIG surprise :) Hows that:)