USAAF C-47 Crash Near Brighton

Read the forum code of contact

Profile picture for user avion ancien

Member for

13 years 10 months

Bad Day, the reports that I thought that I had received from Tangmere1940 either I did not receive or, quite negligently, I have received and deleted. However the bottom line is that I have nothing on this crash beyond what appears in this thread. So I am sorry that I cannot help you. It might be worth trying to contact Tangmere1940 - but, at present, his inbox is full and so a PM is likely to be unsuccessful - or Paul F to enquire whether they have the reports from the ESRO at Lewes. Failing that, I have to make another visit to the ESRO in September or October and I will then endeavour to obtain from there copies of the reports which it has, if those still are of interest to you.

Tangmere, I've tried to send a PM to you but your inbox is full. What it must be to be so popular! Anyhow, in order that I may do so, can you please clear a little space for my humble message?

Many thanks

AA

Done!

Profile picture for user avion ancien

Member for

13 years 10 months

Thank you, Andy. PM now sent.

Member for

10 years 10 months

Thank you for your responses. I also am talking with Tom W via PM. AA you had asked about why they were flying so low and the direction they were traveling. What little my relative talk about the accident he said that the electricity had gone out and although there were electritions on board they were not able to get it fixed. They did not have their lights to see the hill nor the equipment to know thier height or direction. I don't know if there is any mention of this in any of the reports but that was about all he told us about it, that if they could have gotten it fixed the crash may not have happened.

Member for

10 years 10 months

I also tried to reach Paul F on PM but do not see his name in the list. Since I am new to this I may not be doing it correctly.

Paul, you had mentioned there were new article regarding the crash in your local paper. Do you have any of those articles? Much appreciate if you could share any of them. Thank you. BD