Member for

9 months

Now this is BIG NEWS

Well done John to you and your team, looking forward to the next instalment 

Profile picture for user 12jaguar

Member for

13 years 2 months

Thanks Guys

we have the material for the fuselage, now it's a case of designing the multi-purpose build jig and finding a way to 

a.  get it built

b. afford it...anyone know any good general engineering companies who'd be keen to take on some work pro bono or at cost?

We have decided to build the bomb bay in exactly the same way that Shorts did i.e. upside down. This is due to the way the floor is constructed and building it with the floor at the bottom ensures that it will be perfectly flat and can be used as the datum. First stage in the build will be the 2 keel members, but we have to find a way to make sure these are perfectly straight. As we progress I'll keep you updated with photos.

John

ps we've decided to go to Frame 14 now instead of 13

Profile picture for user 12jaguar

Member for

13 years 2 months

Hi all

it's good to get back to some metal bashing at last.

Following on from the Glycal tank, I've made a start on its mounting cradle. The pics below are of the sides to the structure (inboard and outboard). Graham has been poring over photos of the cockpit and a sketch in the Mods AP and given us as accurate a drawing as possible, and following the old adage of 'if it looks right' then I'm more than happy to go with it :)

Next time it will be to make a folding template for the 4 off end pieces.

The design of the fuselage jig is getting firmed up and hopefully we have found some candidates who can make it for us

Attachments