James Wheeler???

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 8 months

Were you not a very old Nightfighting Hurra pilot :D :D :D .

With Pete townsend's mob, Cat's eye's.

Once you step in to this room.

YOU will now be entering' THE TWILIGHT ZONE!...............Nah na nah na nah na nah na nah na :eek: .

Original post

Member for

17 years 10 months

Eeep, spooky...

I did see my name in a Book, apparently I was a Lancaster pilot lost on ops too :|

Member for

19 years 8 months

Naaa Na Nannn Na Naaaa Na

G' day james mate:D,

I think your a new member, so Welcome to the Planeinsane, Warbirdnutter's and just Planenut's forum, It's a fantastic Joint!!:dev2:

Well James, this James wheeler's as follow's

Pilot Officer James Wheeler, 85 Squadron RAF

Age unknown then.

This is how PeteTownsend CO of 85 describe's him

After he just reported for duty with 85 Cat's Eye's

Elderly looking gentleman, his grey hair parted down the middle, in very good health.

Pete's eye's were on his pilot's wing's, and the medal ribbon's below, The Military Cross, and two campaign medal's from WW.1.

James had done thousand's of hour's as an Airline pilot before WW.2.

Sound's an interesting old boy.

The king met him at one stage, and stopped for a closer look at James, looked at his medal's, and asked how old he was, to which James replied with a lie, and king giggled, Well you must have been a remarkable baby in WW 1:D

Might try and do a search for some history on this James, have you any idea James 2008 edition what age the Lanc pilot was ?

I would not think it's the same James Wheeler, But ya never know as e was an Airline pilot as well as Hurricane's, Beaufighter's and Havoc's!!:cool:

Ok back to the Twilght zone called Cyberspace for now :D

Ooooo Rooooo

Member for

17 years 10 months

Very interesting, that certainly sounds like the chap I remember reading about. I will try and remember which book I read about it in and dig out the info. We must be talking about the same chap..

How spooky indeed :)

He sounds like an interesting guy!

Thanks for the welcome by the way, I registered a while back but don't get much time to visit. Just happened to be looking at the board when I saw this post with my name on it!

Member for

19 years 8 months

Geee's poor old James!!

Thank's Bazv mate! :D

I was kinda hoping it was not the Wheeler I knew of :(, but with his multy engine experince, I then thought yep maybe an outside chance here.

Poor old Pop Wheeler hey, sound's werid when I am now 42!!:rolleyes:

Well James Wheeler 08, any family conection's here you think mate :confused:

Oooo Roooo back stuffed must get offf soooon :o