D.H.114 Heron G-AORG

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 3 months

The Heron has been at Coventry some time now on a major overhaul, is she still there? some months ago she was almost ready to get back to where she belongs in the air, is there any news on her??
If she is ready will she be doing any of the air shows around the U.K. or even Europe in 2009??
After all G-AORG D.H.114 Heron as far as I am know is the only flying example in the northern hemisphere if not in the world.
It would be great not only see her in the air but to hear her as well.
Hope to see her soon.

Original post

Member for

16 years 7 months

Still There.

i was at Coventry on the 9th April and she was parked outside the classic flight hanger, complete and looking fit to fly! May have moved on since then anyone know for certain?

Member for

19 years 7 months

The Heron has been at Coventry some time now on a major overhaul, is she still there? some months ago she was almost ready to get back to where she belongs in the air, is there any news on her??
If she is ready will she be doing any of the air shows around the U.K. or even Europe in 2009??
After all G-AORG D.H.114 Heron as far as I am know is the only flying example in the northern hemisphere if not in the world.
Hope to see her soon.

'ORG is still at Baginton. So far as I know the airworthy American registered example which I photographed over in Sweden where it was based a couple of years back is still in Europe - although it is a modified variant. (Photo copyright Tim Badham)

Tim
AACF Volunteer

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Consul/SwHeRed.jpg

Member for

14 years 8 months

D.H. HERON G-AORG - DUCHESS OF BRITTANY

Just to let everyone know G-AORG is well and should be flying again very,very soon. We, the group based in Jersey, have spent quite, NO LOTS, of money on this beautiful historic aircraft including a re-paint and new interior. Unfortunately the re-wire and new maintenance schedule is causing us a few problems with people known as the CAA! When will you see the Duchess flying again??? Well please be patient as we are in the hands of Gatwick. You know what that means.
Yes we believe the Duchess is the only Heron still flying in ORIGINAL state.
A FOUNDER MEMBER...

Member for

18 years 4 months

Hi,

Is the G-AORG going to have an Air Transport Cof A? As it would be great if we could fly in her.

Steve

Member for

18 years 3 months

Just to let everyone know G-AORG is well and should be flying again very,very soon. We, the group based in Jersey, have spent quite, NO LOTS, of money on this beautiful historic aircraft including a re-paint and new interior. Unfortunately the re-wire and new maintenance schedule is causing us a few problems with people known as the CAA! When will you see the Duchess flying again??? Well please be patient as we are in the hands of Gatwick. You know what that means.
Yes we believe the Duchess is the only Heron still flying in ORIGINAL state.
A FOUNDER MEMBER...

Its good to hear that she is in safe hands and being looked after in the way she deserves. Its easy for examples of our heritage to be allowed to slip away, remaining only as a memory.
Your efforts and investment are appreciated.

Regards Richard

Member for

17 years 8 months

Regard Herons fondly -I had my very first flight in one.
RAF Abingdon June 1968.

Member for

14 years 8 months

Hope to see her soon.

The Flying Duchess Will be back in Jersey early next year. How do I know...I am a Director of the company that owns it!

Member for

14 years 8 months

G-AORG

The Flying Duchess will be back in Jersey early next year. How do I know ... Well I am a Director of the company that owns it!

Member for

14 years 8 months

G-AORG will remain in the private catagory

Member for

14 years 8 months

Hi,

Is the G-AORG going to have an Air Transport Cof A? As it would be great if we could fly in her.

Steve

NO ... Come to Jersey next year and make contact with us.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Thanks FERRARINIGEL, I assume that she will be returning home, I miss seeing her parked up at the airport when I pass.

Member for

18 years 3 months

So the one or two airworthy Herons we have are the last British Four Engined Piston Powered airliners left to mankind. And the Ozzie Belfast the last Turbine Commercial four engined aircraft in flyable condition.
Thank you FERRARINIGEL for your contribution to keeping her airworthy, and I hope she stays in good health for a long time to come.

Richard

Member for

16 years 5 months

I thought there was one, maybe two Viscounts still active in Africa somewhere... or have they been WFU?

Member for

16 years 6 months

FERRARINIGEL. I too would like to thank you, and your team, for helping preserve this 114 for our future generation to see and love !

Keith.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/keithnewsome/coventry/DSC_0006.jpg

Member for

18 years 4 months

So the one or two airworthy Herons we have are the last British Four Engined Piston Powered airliners left to mankind. And the Ozzie Belfast the last Turbine Commercial four engined aircraft in flyable condition.
Thank you FERRARINIGEL for your contribution to keeping her airworthy, and I hope she stays in good health for a long time to come.

Richard

The prototype Heron has bee under restoration here in Australia for a while and is now up for sale if anyone is interested.

Steve

Member for

16 years

Here she is as XR441, Acklington Sept. 1962,
Jim

Attachments

Member for

19 years 7 months

Speaking of which here's my Airfix kit of her.

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss268/MMcKay_album/Heron.jpg

Member for

16 years 7 months

..........and maybe, one day, it might sport the 1960s Morton Air Services paint scheme and drop into Gatwick. Now that would bring a tear to my eye!

Member for

20 years 2 months

I remember seeing G-AORG at Old Warden about 4 or 5 years ago. Somehow looked at home on a grass airfield in the sun.

Member for

14 years 9 months

Just thought you might like to know that G-AORG was just out on the apron in the sun with all four engines running. No sign of any intention to fly but nice to see.