Fenland & West Norfolk Aviation Museum, with added Whirlwind.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 5 months

Glad to be of help

Elliott ,I have sent you a private E mail re the turret. Re my bottom I have been doing a bit of bodyfilling and sanding it's very fumigatious.
Keith Newsome has kindly offered to start up a second thread on phase 2 of the Whirly project ,as I am not very good with these "pooters".
It is a pity that the chap who owned the Whitley turret isn't alive as we could have found out wence it came.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Ray - It most likely originated from RAF Docking. There was a detachment of Whitley's based there and a few came to grief locally.

All the best

Member for

8 years 6 months

Hi All, did anything come of this turret, and are there any updates
Tony

Member for

18 years 1 month

I see it was August 2009 that I posted my photos of the turret (post 50, above). I too wonder what the outcome was.

Member for

18 years 1 month

I just saw that this thread has been revived. I wonder what the fate was of the Whitley turret that I reported back in 2009. Whitley Project: any news?

Member for

12 years 5 months

This is the correct story on the move of the replica Spitfire. Typically the BBC have 'embellished' the truth somewhat.The Spitfire is now at the museum but minus wings until other exhibits have been re shuffled.
Still a nice item to see with the props now back in place. The whole purpose of the move is to try and raise the profile of the museum to improve visitor numbers. The museum has 4 years to raise funds in order to secure its future.

https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/news/spitfire-aircraft-replica-now-in-museum-hands-after-being-loaned-by-heacham-owner-9067699/

Member for

18 years 3 months

"Fully redecorated " Hopefully not too heavy on the artex…….. best of luck to the museum in their bid to secure their future.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I just saw that this thread has been revived. I wonder what the fate was of the Whitley turret that I reported back in 2009. Whitley Project: any news?

PM sent sir