Haunted airfield

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 7 months

On Sky television channel, Living, at 9 pm tonight and all next week, there is a series of programmes about hauntings at a WW2 airfield in Norfolk(UK).

Original post

Member for

15 years 9 months

I wonder if it's Bircham Newton?

Member for

19 years 2 months

Sounds interesting, although it's part of the "Most Haunted" series, which might not be a good thing.

Worth a look though, thanks for the heads up.:)

Member for

20 years 1 month

A fellow at work is heavily into these paranormal programmes. He told me a while back that West Raynham is to be the subject of one of these in the near future.
I would guess this is it.

Member for

14 years 7 months

Haunted airfield

Yes, it is West Raynham, Norfolk which was part of 100 Group and hard standings for 36 heavy bombers. I'm in the middle of watching last night's programme.

Member for

17 years 10 months

is anyone else watching this?

Member for

17 years

Yeah its on in the background. It makes for good comedy. Nice Harvard though!

Member for

20 years 1 month

is anyone else watching this?

err...no!:p

Member for

18 years 3 months

I'm glad that this thread is here, i was curious about which RAF base it was as, but not curious enough to subject myself to it!

Member for

15 years 8 months

Sounds interesting, although it's part of the "Most Haunted" series, which might not be a good thing

"AAARRRGGHHH!!! What was that??!! Did you hear that??!! AAARRGGGHH!!! There it is again!!!! AAARRGGGHHH!!!!! Quick, wave the camera around so the viewers get vertigo! AAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Member for

16 years 9 months

It was funny when she was trying to remember the date WW2 started and them going through all the rank structures trying to get ghostly figures to answer.

Member for

15 years 11 months

No RAF historian on the team, most strange. Then if they had he would debunk all the cr@p the team are spouting.
What i found strange was when they looked at the second piece of wreckage on the table from East Kirby, "we dont know what the wreckage is, it's WW2, then someone says no its later, making me think they know something we dont. Then they went back to the first bit of wreckage. They couldnt move the wreckage because all of it was flat on the table unlike the plinth they used before making it easy to move, so what happens the table moves
All in all its pap for the masses, i prefer to watch paint dry far more exciting.
G.

Member for

17 years 10 months

Yep, I dipped into the programme last night (don't even know which base it was coming from), but immeditately got fed up with 'Carl' wandering off and then appearing again a minute later from a different direction, making all and sundry jump out of their skins - utter crap and a complete waste of time. I turned off.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Total load of old tosh:rolleyes:

An ex cameraman told my mate (a paranormal fan) he always carried stones in his pockets. "All ready for that sign", thats where they came from.

Always done in the dark - so you cannot see what is really going on.
Always on replay's, you see and hear things, never while you are watching live.

Waste of time, money and sitting there watching it if you ask me..

My mate has done two visits to West Raynham and nothing went on what so ever.

Brian.

Member for

17 years 3 months

West Raynham is allegedly Haunted with some solid accounts.

Areas of interest :
the old ATC tower
the Officer's Mess.
the sick quarters

but to have it investigated by this bunch of jokers is just taking the wee wee - and gets those of us who take the topic seriously enough to scientifically study it tarred with the same lunatic fringe brush.

have you noticed the there is a script editor in the credits....hmmmmm ?

I wouldn't let this lot mow my lawn let alone investigate somewhere allegedly haunted.

Chris

Member for

14 years 3 months

A lot more creditable information could have been given out if the male and female "experts" on the panel referred to the Action Station book which includes West Raynham.
Is it me, or does the man on the panel remind me of Jonathon Creek.....???